Tornado Red MKV Golf GTI DSG

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Good job Jamie, they make such a difference.

I had to take the lense out of my original lights, you can strip them down and remove it easily. I now can’t rememebr whether it was the fog or reverse lense that is needed?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Couple of little things tidied up on the car over the weekend, finally got the R32/ED30 rear lights fitted. Did you have to get the RHD fog/reverse lens' @Lyons ? I never got round to DIY'ing it, found cheap ones but when fitting realised they're obviously from a LHD as the Fog & Reverse lens were the wrong way round, sort of botched them round for now.

IMG_9073
by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

Also managed to get a reversing camera added in, handy thing to have. Hidden nicely within the numberplate lights!

IMG_9077

MOT is coming up soon so have a couple of things to sort, new brakes all round along with a new 3" BCS Downpipe with Motorsports Cat. Will be heading for some paint shortly too, the Lacquer is peeling off really badly on the bonnet & roof :worried:

IMG_9074

Sits perfectly, looked great on Friday night parked up by Ramore. :grinning:

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
Good job Jamie, they make such a difference.

I had to take the lense out of my original lights, you can strip them down and remove it easily. I now can’t rememebr whether it was the fog or reverse lense that is needed?

It’s the clear fog light that was needed, stripped them down and swapped them across but the lens just doesn’t fit perfectly flush in it now, you’d never ever notice it unless it was pointed out but it’s irritating me lol

Darren91

RMS Regular
Any more thoughts on th
Couple of little things tidied up on the car over the weekend, finally got the R32/ED30 rear lights fitted. Did you have to get the RHD fog/reverse lens' @Lyons ? I never got round to DIY'ing it, found cheap ones but when fitting realised they're obviously from a LHD as the Fog & Reverse lens were the wrong way round, sort of botched them round for now.

IMG_9073

Also managed to get a reversing camera added in, handy thing to have. Hidden nicely within the numberplate lights!

IMG_9077

MOT is coming up soon so have a couple of things to sort, new brakes all round along with a new 3" BCS Downpipe with Motorsports Cat. Will be heading for some paint shortly too, the Lacquer is peeling off really badly on the bonnet & roof :worried:

IMG_9074

You know my thoughts! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
It’s the clear fog light that was needed, stripped them down and swapped them across but the lens just doesn’t fit perfectly flush in it now, you’d never ever notice it unless it was pointed out but it’s irritating me lol

From memory the lens isn’t perfectly flat, but off centre. Might be a case of turning it round until you get it sitting flush? Hard to rememebr 100% without seeing it in front of me!

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
Finally got the car back on Friday after being away for paint for a few weeks. The Lacquer had been peeling off really badly on the Bonnet & Roof so I took the chance to have the Front end & roof re done along with removing the front plate holder and smoothing it off - looks far better. Will see how long I get away with it for! Off too @pobmk4 for new Discs, Pads, Fluid change and fitting the new downpipe next week before MOT! :cool:

21st April After Paint-

21st April After Paint-1165

J-VW

RMS Regular
Finally got the car back on Friday after being away for paint for a few weeks. The Lacquer had been peeling off really badly on the Bonnet & Roof so I took the chance to have the Front end & roof re done along with removing the front plate holder and smoothing it off - looks far better. Will see how long I get away with it for! Off too @pobmk4 for new Discs, Pads, Fluid change and fitting the new downpipe next week before MOT! :cool:

21st April After Paint-

21st April After Paint-1165

Stunning mate. When I removed the plate and fitted a smoothed grill on my mk5 gti I got appox 3 miles from the house before being stopped and got a 30 quid ticket lol hopefully you can beat that lol (y)

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
Gave the car a clean in work over the weekend, avoiding the hosepipe ban etc etc and decided to nab a few pictures in the booth.

New downpipe & brakes have made a big difference to the feel of the car, couple of bushings replaced and it got through MOT also. Off to look into some audio upgrades next, one of my rear door speakers have blown which is annoying.

N88JPG Booth Pics-5112

N88JPG Booth Pics-5117

N88JPG Booth Pics-5113

N88JPG Booth Pics-5115

N88JPG Booth Pics-5114

N88JPG Booth Pics-5120 by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

Conor

RMS Regular
Gave the car a clean in work over the weekend, avoiding the hosepipe ban etc etc and decided to nab a few pictures in the booth.

New downpipe & brakes have made a big difference to the feel of the car, couple of bushings replaced and it got through MOT also. Off to look into some audio upgrades next, one of my rear door speakers have blown which is annoying.

N88JPG Booth Pics-5112

N88JPG Booth Pics-5117

N88JPG Booth Pics-5113

N88JPG Booth Pics-5115

N88JPG Booth Pics-5114

N88JPG Booth Pics-5120 by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

Christ, that is absolutely class. These are starting to look like an classic design that'll always look good, as per the Mk2 GTI. (y)

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Looks so glossy under those lights.

Agree with Conor there. These have aged well, unlike the Mk6 that followed it.

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
Thanks all. I do think the mk5 has aged better than the mk6 but I do prefer the mk6 interior. Hopefully I’ll get my hands on a mk6 multifunction wheel & dials at some point.

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Fully agreed with above, your MK5 looks every bit as fresh as anything half its age. Put me in the notion for one!

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
That should sell no problem, I was interested in it as a replacement for the cupra but the boss wants something a bit newer for ferrying the kids about. Lovely looking gti though and well sorted. GLWTS

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.