Tornado Red MKV Golf GTI DSG

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
Drives
F10 530d
After the 335 selling quicker than I expected and a short stint driving my little brothers fiesta I finally picked up something new. Decided to set myself a much lower budget this time round and use the rest of the money elsewhere, I wanted something that I would be happy with both as a daily driver and to have a bit of fun in at the same time.

This lead me straight back to the Hot Hatch market, specifically Clio 200 Cup's, Focus ST's & Golf GTI's.

After looking at a few Clio's and being put off by the interior of the ST I was set on a GTI, preferably DSG as after getting used to auto in the BMW I was just being lazy really.

This particular one, albeit the complete other end of the country had everything I was looking for,

Full Service History - Including Cambelt, Waterpump & DSG service's
Excellent bodywork & immaculate interior and only 64k on it when I picked it up.

So, some photos.

Golf GTI LJZ-1453 by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

The standard head unit lasted 2 days before I had an Apple Car Play Pioneer unit installed, the lack of technology was the only thing letting it down for me! It really freshens the interior up too.

Golf GTI LJZ-1460 by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

Golf GTI LJZ-1462 by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

Golf GTI LJZ-1464 by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

Plans for now are to get Cruise Control retrofitted, a nice exhaust, a map for more power and to get my plate on.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Tidy looking car Jamie, one of the best all rounders out there and you'll be smiling plenty once you fit an exhaust and get it mapped

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
Tidy looking car Jamie, one of the best all rounders out there and you'll be smiling plenty once you fit an exhaust and get it mapped

Looking forward to that! Not sure whether to stick with Milltek or try a BCS system, they seem to get great reviews!

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
BCS are class but pricey, but then again so are milltek, seems to be a few 2nd ones about though usually in good condition.

GavRS182

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Clio 182
Looks fantastic Jamie! Even more lucky of you to pick up a good example without having to go to the mainland :grinning: p.s. nice photos :cool:

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
Thanks everyone! :cool:

Lovely! You have made me realise how dirty mine is! Enjoy!

Doesn't stay clean too long! Not sure what pads are in it but they are extremely dusty!

That looks lovely! Love the tartan seats!

Cheers Jordy, Will have to call round and let you see it some evening. The Tartan seats are really comfy and supportive, marmite for some people though!

looks well! Very impressed how OEM-ish the new head unit looks!

It's a fantastic job, able to colour the buttons to the same blue as the rest of the dials and drop a 'GTI' logo in that appears when it starts up (y)

I can supply and fit Milltek and Revo - pm if want pricing

PM on way (y)

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
Aye do that.....how are you finding it compared to the 335d?

Not finding it too bad, I think it would have been worse if I had gone straight from the 335d into the Golf but as I'd been driving a 75bhp Fiesta for the last 3 weeks it feels epic to drive. The gearbox in the golf is much better than the 335d but I still miss the mad amounts of torque oh, and heated seats.

carparts4less are good value for Millteks if you're looking one.

Milltek Sport 2.75" Non-Resonated Cat-Back System Twin Jet Tip

£380 delivered with the discount code. Though you might want to go resonated instead.

Great looking car by the way. The DSG is fantastic in them

That's a great price, thanks! I'm not sure about non-res, I had it in the Clio and it sounded great but on a long run the drone was extremely annoying!

Gaz86

RMS Regular
I was considering changing to a Milltek but to be honest there's just enough vroom from the ITG Maxogen intake for my liking 8o| Not chavvy sounding, just nice
perfect.png
Strangely though, unlike many others I don't get that flutter sound from the oem diverter valve like all the others do.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
superb colour, i however...am not at all bias.

Regarding exhaust, i had a resonated milltek on my vxr, which was quite tame.
So i went non res on the Golf, sounded great, and even adding a milltek sports cat and VWR intake its not loud at all, just a subtle whosh when you change gear (im not DSG however, youd get the nice DSG fart!), and obviously it livens up when you give it the welly, crusing is non intrusive

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
I've been fairly slow at keeping this thread up to date..

In the past few months of ownership I've added a few things, first on the list was adding Cruise Control & sticking my plate on it. MK6 Stalk purchased and coded in by @pobmk4 @ Dubtech.

Whilst the bodywork was in great condition the paint was full of swirls and beginning to look a little faded, sent the car off to Andy @ A+ Detailing for a paint correction and then finished in GTechniq. Check out the 50/50's here.

Untitled by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

Untitled by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

I have since then had the Cam Follower replaced along with a service, picked up an Evolution Motorsports intake from a fellow RMS'r and fitted it (Still to add the heat shield though). The sound difference is definitely noticeable, especially the turbo flutter. Milltek next.

Evoms intake by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

Also managed to pick up an immaculate set of MK6 18" Monza II's, just awaiting some fresh rubber before I fit them. Despite all of Andy's hard work I haven't had time to keep the car clean recently, unfortunately it currently sits like this

Dirty GTI by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

Dirty GTI by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.