Mineral Grey LCI M2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
My head was too up my hole yesterday to even notice that it had been lowered and spaced :joy:

Looks amazing, enjoy Rico!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Great job, sits much better now. Perfect car for such a trip too, enjoy (y).

Any interest in skirt extensions? I think they give a bit more depth to the side of the car.

upload_2018-9-5_11-44-40.jpeg

Conor

RMS Regular
OP
Conor
Great job, sits much better now. Perfect car for such a trip too, enjoy (y).

Any interest in skirt extensions? I think they give a bit more depth to the side of the car.

View attachment 207647

Not for me at all, would take away from the lines/fat arches IMO. Certainly not without a splitter of some kind, but I haven't seen any I really like TBH.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Passed you this morning on my way to work. Such a great looking car on the move. (y)

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Love this and the Rico rally sounds class, ideal car for it! Wish I was doing another road trip, but maybe next year.

Have been looking at M2s a lot recently, must get a drive in one next time I’m home. Bet it was class round Kirkistown!

Conor

RMS Regular
OP
Conor
Two good mates and I had been talking about doing a European road trip of some kind for years, and last year we finally manned up and booked the Rico Rally September run. The run itself was 6 days starting and ending in Folkstone, so of course this was more like 8 days for us by the time we got there and home, but having seen some of the photos from previous runs and having had mates go on it before with good reviews, it seemed like the one to do. The route was as follows:

Day 1 (Sunday) was pretty much just a slog through France to get to the first hotel, though very pleasantly broken up with some messing about on the motorways:

1609.gif

Day 2 was the beginning in earnest, through a section of the Black Forest and down through Switzerland.

1709.gif

Day 3 took us back into France, and down into San Tropez.

1809.gif

Day 4 was back up and into Italy, taking in the Col de Turini and coast roads most of the way.

1909.gif

Day 5 was north through Italy and back into Switzerland, by way of the Gotthard and Susten passes:

2009.gif

Day 6 took us further through the Swiss mountains and north to Luxembourg:

2109.gif

And 7 being the slog back across France to Calais.

It was absolutely brilliant, one of the best things I have ever done. We swam in Lake Geneva, chased a V12 Aston and a AMG GTR down the Col de Turini, found a random waterfall in the Swiss Alps and had a swim (COLD), drove through some of the most spectacular scenery I have ever seen anywhere, ate great food, drank great drink met some great people on the run. Had a handshake deal with a lad on the rally that I could drive his AMG GT to Calais, but the offer didn't stand the next day after we had all sobered up for some reason, less alcohol was involved in fairness...

Around 3,400 miles done from 6:00am Saturday morning to 7:00am the following Sunday morning, and the wee car did not put a single foot wrong. Around 175-180mph on the Autobahn (With a vid to prove), surprised a few things, comfortable considering we were 3 up and just generally went like a dream. As if I didn't love it already! May need some new rear tyres and pads by now though. ^o)

The night before setting off, getting all stickered up in the newly painted garage:

20180914_170825.jpg

20180914_170809.jpg

More to follow...

Jonny

RMS Regular
Two good mates and I had been talking about doing a European road trip of some kind for years, and last year we finally manned up and booked the Rico Rally September run. The run itself was 6 days starting and ending in Folkstone, so of course this was more like 8 days for us by the time we got there and home, but having seen some of the photos from previous runs and having had mates go on it before with good reviews, it seemed like the one to do. The route was as follows:

Day 1 (Sunday) was pretty much just a slog through France to get to the first hotel, though very pleasantly broken up with some messing about on the motorways:

View attachment 209711

Day 2 was the beginning in earnest, through a section of the Black Forest and down through Switzerland.

View attachment 209712

Day 3 took us back into France, and down into San Tropez.

View attachment 209713

Day 4 was back up and into Italy, taking in the Col de Turini and coast roads most of the way.

View attachment 209714

Day 5 was north through Italy and back into Switzerland, by way of the Gotthard and Susten passes:

View attachment 209715

Day 6 took us further through the Swiss mountains and north to Luxembourg:

View attachment 209716

And 7 being the slog back across France to Calais.

It was absolutely brilliant, one of the best things I have ever done. We swam in Lake Geneva, chased a V12 Aston and a AMG GTR down the Col de Turini, found a random waterfall in the Swiss Alps and had a swim (COLD), drove through some of the most spectacular scenery I have ever seen anywhere, ate great food, drank great drink met some great people on the run. Had a handshake deal with a lad on the rally that I could drive his AMG GT to Calais, but the offer didn't stand the next day after we had all sobered up for some reason, less alcohol was involved in fairness...

Around 3,400 miles done from 6:00am Saturday morning to 7:00am the following Sunday morning, and the wee car did not put a single foot wrong. Around 175-180mph on the Autobahn (With a vid to prove), surprised a few things, comfortable considering we were 3 up and just generally went like a dream. As if I didn't love it already! May need some new rear tyres and pads by now though. ^o)

The night before setting off, getting all stickered up in the newly painted garage:

View attachment 209717

View attachment 209718

More to follow...

There are no words for the awesome.

Are you doing this again next year?

I’m definitely doing this

Conor

RMS Regular
OP
Conor
20180920_105345.jpg
20180920_115248.jpg
20180921_073041.jpg
20180921_113451.jpg
20180921_114230.jpg
20180921_164849.jpg

The final fuel stop in Wales:

20180922_235505.jpg

And the final mile count, door to door. Got the car with 6 miles on it half way through April, bought to be used!

20180923_175016.jpg

I cannot recommend a trip like this to anyone who calls themselves a petrolhead, and has a couple of mates they can bear for 8 straight days in a car. The roads were like nothing else, pure driving heaven. If anyone wants to know more, shout away!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.