2017 Porsche 718 Cayman S has arrived - showroom pics added...

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Well another update for those that are remotely interested..

718 Cayman s is 2 years old next week..

Quick pic with the tiny 18” winter wheels and tyres that have been awesome this week (summer tyres would have left me stuck if I had them fitted)

View attachment 222755

So two year 20k service now due...

Wait for it....

£625 for service + £110 brake fluid change...

Other than that stilll loving the car.

@chris_b paid close to that to service a 320d this week lol

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
That's some crazy figures, as I always say it's one thing buying a car but affording to keep and maintain it properly needs serious thought

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
That's some crazy figures, as I always say it's one thing buying a car but affording to keep and maintain it properly needs serious thought

No bother paying the money.... but I refuse to be ripped off.

According to prices for servicing on PistonHeads - belfast Porsche are the highest!

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13

According to prices for servicing on PistonHeads - belfast Porsche are the highest!

Probably because they're the only dealership in the country and know they're the only option or you can spend just as much money traveling elsewhere.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS

I wasn't aiming at you btw, just in general some people don't consider long term cost, my next service for my car is £450 and hate the thought of it lol

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
The Golf R (I just traded in) was 1000 miles away from needing a major service at £349 and a DSG service at £189. It will also need 4 tyres pretty soon at a min of £500 for anything decent in my eyes. This was a consideration when I was timing getting the new car. Servicing pricing has gone mad, I understand dealerships have overheads that need to be covered but some of this is just pure profiteering in my eyes.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
would Porsche not laugh you out of the building if you tried to provide your own oil?

I would imagine so. As painful as it was, and believe me it was painful when I know the true price of oil, i just bit the bullet when they serviced my old Cayman back in 2012.

davyk31

RMS Regular
I supplied my own oil for my Macan GTS service back in Sept by Porsche Belfast. They were perfectly fine with me supplying oil, the only stipulation was that it was to the exact spec they use. They willingly gave me the spec and I saved £100.

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4
Lovely lovely car. Did you have a 981 prior to the 718?

The only reservation I have to the newer 718 is the 4 pot turbo.. other than that they're superior and a real step up!

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
I can’t imagine them laughing you out the door. They are still getting you for parts and labour at extortionate prices. I’ve been doing it with bmw for years.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Out of interest, do you get a price for a normal service, then ask for same exclusive of oil, so you know what you’re actually saving just?

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Out of interest, do you get a price for a normal service, then ask for same exclusive of oil, so you know what you’re actually saving just?

With the m5 I just ask for an oil change and tell them I’m supplying my own. With the z4m I had to get an inspection 2 and supplying the oil made a big difference iirc

Also I get the oil at cost price through work so its a bigger difference than buying it retail from a motor factors.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
I don’t see the issue with spending £625 on a service every 2yrs or 20k, I think it’s a great interval.

Pretty sure the likes of an M4 is due an oil service every 10k..