2017 Porsche 718 Cayman S has arrived - showroom pics added...

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
Well, 230 miles in and a rear wheel puncture this morning.

Used the air compressor in the car to inflate in and drove to the nearest garage I could find..

I called into A1 tyres in Lisburn. The guys hadn't even opened their new shop (that's next weekend 18th Feb) but they went well beyond the call of duty and fixed my punchure.

I can honestly say my car, my wheel and tyre where treated with the upmost care. Everything sorted and wheel back on and torqued to Porsche settings.. not a mark on my 20" rim and even balanced with satin black weights same as my rims...

So huge 100% to the new A1 tyre depot in Lisburn..

richie_mck

RMS Regular
I was in front of you heading to IKEA today (wifes silver Mk6 golf)

Your car looks incredible, bad luck with the tyre but that's how it goes sometimes

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
I was in front of you heading to IKEA today (wifes silver Mk6 golf)

Your car looks incredible, bad luck with the tyre but that's how it goes sometimes

Thankyou!!!!

I know it's a very personal Porsche build but I absolutely love it.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
One of our customers called in today in his that's in with us next week. The new four pot sounds superb, very Subaru esque

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
One of our customers called in today in his that's in with us next week. The new four pot sounds superb, very Subaru esque

Need to get mine booked in with you Pete but getting a minute is impossible ATM!!

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
They are reasonably quick.. Porsche quote 0-60 in 4sec..

Most independent tests are 3.5 to 60...

0-100 in 9 sec..

Still to try!

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
How are you getting on with the car now @Martyn ? I was down looking at them on Monday hopefully get a drive in one tomorrow

The car has really loosened up. It is just ridiculously fast. The steering is as precise as you could possibly get, and with the optional sports suspension turned on you just want to go faster and faster round corners.

I bought it with pdk and I happy I did. When overtaking with sports response activated you just want to hold on for grim death as the horizon accelerates towards you so quick.

Looks wise I still think it is stunning.

It's sounds.... different but not a bad different! In sports mode it gives nice pops and bangs..

Enjoy your test drive. If you want a look at mine - it's spec'ed a little different just let me know!

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
Well the Cayman S is one year old today.

Quick update on what has happened over the past year:

9500 miles racked up.

Both rear tyres have had puncture repairs and I have 2 new 265/35/20 pirelli p zero ordered from A1 tyres for fitting next week.

Porsche tracker packed up within 2 weeks of delivery but has now been fixed.

Problem with the rear spoiler not extending - but fixed under warranty.

But apart from that the car has been faultless.

Still love it but have started saving for its replacement - 992 C4S....

Watch this space.

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
Before you do that... throw up some fresh photos of the Cayman :grinning:

I need to wash it first! I use it everyday and kind of like it in full stealth dirty mode.

The 992 C4S will be a couple of years away as Expressions of interest with dealers for a factory order are filling up.

Last edited:

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
I need to wash it first! I use it everyday and kind of like it in full stealth dirty mode.

The 992 C4S will be a couple of years away as Expressions of interest with dealers for a factory order are filling up.

I'm hoping to change the Cayman to a 991 C2S manual in a few years - manuals are super rare though!

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
I'm hoping to change the Cayman to a 991 C2S manual in a few years - manuals are super rare though!

I would like to order a manual C4S however the pdk makes the car significantly faster when coupled with sports chrono.

Decisions decisions... never mind deciding on colour, leather options, wheel type, do I get the air vents covered in leather etc etc etc!

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
Well another update for those that are remotely interested..

718 Cayman s is 2 years old next week..

Quick pic with the tiny 18” winter wheels and tyres that have been awesome this week (summer tyres would have left me stuck if I had them fitted)

79C37385-196A-4C92-B0CD-A580478CDA73.jpeg

So two year 20k service now due...

Wait for it....

£625 for service + £110 brake fluid change...

Other than that stilll loving the car.