Solicitor recommendation....drunk and in charge of a vechicle.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Or go and sit in the nearest a+e. Not ideal but better than the other options.

mayweather

RMS Regular
OP
mayweather
Drives
M3 Evolution
It’s not hard tho is it ...find somewhere else then?
Can’t imagine any scenario someone had managed to get themselves pissed and the only refuge is their car lol
Wee bit of personal responsibility here lol

Northern Ireland is full of small towns with no a and e, no police station, no nothing. If you can’t see how this could happen to someone then you have lived a sheltered life!

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Is it just in the movies where there's always a church open at 3am? ^o)
cl8d894iUt2E.gif

Gavlar

RMS Regular
From reading this you'd think it's rife with people sleeping in their cars after drinking, I can assure you it's not :joy:

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
A friend of mine got done for being DIC of a motor vehicle for going out to his car to get a new packet of tobacco from his car. He was sitting in the drivers seat rolling the rolly, cops drive past and he ended up with a ban but I think he had points already. He only rolled the rolly in the car because it was lashing outside, under the car was dry and all.

Am I right in saying you can also be done for being full if you're on a pushbike because I now have two pubs that are close to me and was considering a bicycle for the 2 mile hike home?

purplea4T

RMS Regular
A friend of mine got done for being DIC of a motor vehicle for going out to his car to get a new packet of tobacco from his car. He was sitting in the drivers seat rolling the rolly, cops drive past and he ended up with a ban but I think he had points already. He only rolled the rolly in the car because it was lashing outside, under the car was dry and all.

Am I right in saying you can also be done for being full if you're on a pushbike because I now have two pubs that are close to me and was considering a bicycle for the 2 mile hike home?
So why couldn’t he have walked back to the house/pub to roll it? Deserves all he gets for being a ****wit.
And bicycle to the pub? Sounds sensible and safe. And no, a bicycle is not a mechanically propelled vehicle.

Reactions: PDK

mayweather

RMS Regular
OP
mayweather
Drives
M3 Evolution
So why couldn’t he have walked back to the house/pub to roll it? Deserves all he gets for being a ****wit.

Yeah because drinking alcohol is synonymous with logical decision making.....

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
And bicycle to the pub? Sounds sensible and safe. And no, a bicycle is not a mechanically propelled vehicle.

He was sitting in the drivers seat rolling the rolly, cops drive past and he ended up with a ban but I think he had points already. He only rolled the rolly in the car because it was lashing outside, under the car was dry and all.

Are you telling me, you couldn't have 5 pints and ride a bicycle two miles?

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Are you telling me, you couldn't have 5 pints and ride a bicycle two miles?
I stand by my last comment. I could ride a bicycle many miles, but would I after 5 pints? No because I’m not a ****. Drink driving offences (DIC, excess or unfit) can only be completed with a MECHANICALLY PROPELLED VEHICLE/MOTOR VEHICLE.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
The offence of being drunk in charge of a bicycle carries fines up to £2500, no requirements to submit to breathaliser/blood samples and no penalty points applicable.

mayweather

RMS Regular
OP
mayweather
Drives
M3 Evolution
I stand by my last comment. I could ride a bicycle many miles, but would I after 5 pints? No because I’m not a ****. Drink driving offences (DIC, excess or unfit) can only be completed with a MECHANICALLY PROPELLED VEHICLE/MOTOR VEHICLE.

sure about that officer?