Volvo S60 D5 (back on the road again)

Mac1987

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
What a nightmare, I work nearby and sadly is a common enough thing. Quite a few people have had their cars wrecked there over the years. People have had their cars dosed with paint stripper, jumped upon and a guy had his car burnt out.
Frigg that's rough you would wonder what makes people tick like that, like wtf enjoyment do they get out of it absolute lowlifes of the highest order:mad:

Mac1987

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
It'll be a random attack up there. Seems to happen a lot. What a bunch of cretins.
Is there no CCTV round there ? They need to be caught & given a few months in nick that would soon put it out of them !

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
That's just unbelievable. Hope you managed to get everything sorted. Btw, it's far too good a car to scrap. If you need any of the dents taken out, I've the number of a great guy who isn't too hard to pay. PM me and I'll give you his number.

Cheers

Cooks

wes

RMS Regular
Disgusting, i hate parking in belfast period, hope you get glass and mirror handy enough, try gumtree for ones breaking theres a couple on there, the only thing would be windscreen would cost a few hundred and you are liable if they break the new 1 going in. Most insurance companys have windscreen cover access should be less than £100

_Stu_

RMS Regular
OP
_Stu_
Disgusting, i hate parking in belfast period, hope you get glass and mirror handy enough, try gumtree for ones breaking theres a couple on there, the only thing would be windscreen would cost a few hundred and you are liable if they break the new 1 going in. Most insurance companys have windscreen cover access should be less than £100

Thankfully the glass excess on my policy is covering windscreen and rear door windows for £95. Wing mirror ordered online and just waiting on it arriving. Aiming to be back on the road for the end of the week. All it’s really done is knocked the resale value of it now but I was planning on driving it in to the ground anyway. Sickening but not letting it beat me! I’ve had much worse happen and I’ve always bounced back.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
The markets residents have been hounded for years by people parking but don’t think for one second Stu this is either personal or condoned by them, the Select few scumbags who do this are just like kids in ALL areas like this Provence wide and need strung up by the balls. Glad to see the big dent came out, be grand again with new glass

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
That’s sickening. I have a lot of love for older luxury barges and seeing this happen angers me. Hope you get it back on the road soon

Ghost

RMS Regular
Last night I went to town with a couple of mates for a meal and a concert at the waterfront. Was running late as always and my mate said to me to just park in the markets as it would be fine at that time on a Saturday. Get a phone call from the police under an hour later and came back to this.

View attachment 233699
View attachment 233700
View attachment 233702

So to say that ruined my weekend would be an understatement! Lay awake all last night contemplating what to do. It’s too good to scrap and I’ve just put a new driveshaft and bottom arms in to it. It probably wouldn’t break in to much with the damage, insurance would write it off and I’d have to pay an excess anyway etc. This morning I went about fixing what I could myself. Beat the hell out of the bonnet, removed the door cards from the drivers side, removed the smashed mirror and kicked out the back door a bit. Really all she now needs is glass and a drivers mirror and a bloody good clean inside. Paint is wrecked on all the panels they got but at this point I’m just glad it’s going to live to see another day.

View attachment 233703
View attachment 233704
Michael jackson by chance?

It seems the locals are not happy at people using the main roads as free parking
Think its an ongoing issue for years in the area.

Glad i parked in the hilton.

dddrrift

RMS Regular
I also work close by and no way would I park there day/night. Few people in work do and have had windows smashed/cracked, valves removed from all 4 wheels etc, its endless in there.
Sure you can park on the street in town after 6:30pm as long as you like, you would have been better there. All around St Georges Market/ bottom of Chichester street.

_Stu_

RMS Regular
OP
_Stu_
I also work close by and no way would I park there day/night. Few people in work do and have had windows smashed/cracked, valves removed from all 4 wheels etc, its endless in there.
Sure you can park on the street in town after 6:30pm as long as you like, you would have been better there. All around St Georges Market/ bottom of Chichester street.

This all happened before 6.30 sadly. I was with 2 friends and one of them parks on that street in a 2018 Leon FR and has never had any issues. From what I’m hearing the place needs nuked!

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Shocking! Absolute mindless ****s! Glad you've decided to not let it get you down and get the car back on the road.

I've had two cars keyed in my time and the anger and frustration it caused me was awful. I can't imagine what I'd be like if I came back to that.

_Stu_

RMS Regular
OP
_Stu_
She’s back! Looking a little more bangeresque but can live with that. Might even treat her to a car wash later in the week.

62509F96-228A-415A-97F3-330DFCB3FE4A.jpeg

_Stu_

RMS Regular
OP
_Stu_
Did they key the side too? Glad you’re back up and running again 👍

They didn’t key it but they managed to get both drivers doors, the roof, the bonnet and the front wings with a shovel which I thought was particularly kind of them.

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
I had a cavalier broken into there many years ago. They stole the head unit and a packet of rubbers out of the glovebox. Wish I had have pin holed the rubbers but then that would have resulted in more of the wee bast@rds running around today.

You had a cavalier.......you weren't going to be needing the rubbers anyway

_Stu_

RMS Regular
OP
_Stu_
I’m still beating about in this and it’s got over 150k miles on it now. It hasn’t skipped a beat or needed anything more then general wear and tear repairs. I keep thinking of getting rid of it but can’t find anything that comes close to it for comfort, power, spec, reliability, running costs and general value for money!
Apologies to OP for thread hack - but just searching the forum for v50 info and glad to read this as i just bought one myself, V50 R-Design SE Sport D5

They are great cars. The engines sound so good for a diesel too