F1 2019: ALL CHAT HERE

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Bit academic with everyone treating this race as a glorified practice session for next year, but looks like a strong Mercedes weekend coming up.

Great work by Max again.

Ferrari making another mess, lol 😅 Maybe a wee bit cheeky by Vettel but I don't think that was really the problem. The team just left it too late. Either way Seb still starting behind despite having an extra go :innocent:

Was interesting with Lewis saying he was spending much of the practice sessions trying out new things to see what might give him another step up next year.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
Some F1 cars, some culture, some cars to be auctioned.
20191129134907_IMG_6702.JPG
20191129150719_IMG_6965.JPG
20191129150846_IMG_7021.JPG
20191129173547_IMG_7065.JPG
20191130_174438.jpg
20191129_154651.jpg
20191129_154656.jpg
20191129_154919.jpg
20191129_154820.jpg
20191129_154811.jpg
20191129_154524.jpg
20191129_154509.jpg

Some place to be honest, everything is at 100mph, even the taxis.

Probably more pics to follow if anyone's interested, when I filter then all.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Some F1 cars, some culture, some cars to be auctioned.
View attachment 258100View attachment 258101View attachment 258102View attachment 258103View attachment 258104View attachment 258105View attachment 258106View attachment 258107View attachment 258108View attachment 258109View attachment 258110View attachment 258111
Some place to be honest, everything is at 100mph, even the taxis.

Probably more pics to follow if anyone's interested, when I filter then all.
Awesome

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
What a way to end the season - win, fastest lap (on old tyres!), and leading every lap :cool:

Ferrari do seem lost. I guess they've got their eyes on next year.

Great finish by Norris as well, oh so close to keeping off Perez.

Has Alonso put on weight? :innocent: Seems to be very much in the running for 2021. Just a question who would have him.

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Lewis was in another league today, was it from 7th place was a lap down? Crazy.

Well done to Sainz and Norris, had my fingers crossed for him to hold Perez off but wasn’t to be.

Bottas had a good race also. Fairly boring race overall but still watched it lol

pablo

RMS Moderator
Thought it was over for Max early on and that both Ferraris would nail him but fair play he fought back and took that 2nd step.

Vettel must surely be feeling like second fiddle now, 20+ seconds behind his teammate?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Bottas had a good race also.

Vettel must surely be feeling like second fiddle now, 20+ seconds behind his teammate?

Bottas started right at the back and still finished well ahead of Vettel, and was on the gearbox of Leclerk.

Bottas outdragged Vettel despite running more wing.

Max comfortably held them off too in a slightly crippled car.

Ferrari do seem to have lost their power advantage since that last FIA ruling...

In fairness they probably weren't trying too hard either...

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
Don't think Lewis and the craziness that is Ferrari would gel well. Think he is just trying to screw a few more millions out off Toto!

Can't stand him as a person but hats off to him, probably to most gifted driver to ever sit in an F1 car.

pablo

RMS Moderator
If he did join and he hauled that car to wins and a WDC I think it would cement him as one of the best ever.
plus Max can go to Mercedes and we might have a fight!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
There is literally not a single reason why he should jump to Ferrari. Not even a ghost of one.

The only slight cloud on the horizon at Mercedes is that Toto is looking to retire. How they resolve that will decide everything going forward.

Lewis has been winning with the team, he's been with the team his whole life, long before F1. It's the best team on the grid, and he's currently the best driver on the grid.

Then there's what he could do with that team beyond F1.

He's never been a particular fan of Ferrari. Unlike Vettel, he doesn't have a garage full of Ferrari cars, and his role models have always been the ones going up against the political might of Ferrari.

Ferrari are only really the third best team on the grid at the moment regardless of championship standings.

That said, 2021 everything really starts over again. The only reason to switch teams would be if Mercedes for whatever reason can't give the right commitment for the "new era". There is no sign of that either.

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg
Seemed like a boring race but so much went on. Ferrari's fuel issue, no DRS, Max's issues, Bottas making his way through the field with his new engine turned right up, the Ferraris fighting it out with RB and Hamilton storming away up front. The mid-field battle was awesome. I could see Hamilton leaving Mercedes especially if Toto leaves to take Chase's position with Liberty Media, apparently he's been asked to consider it. I'd like to see him try in a red car, it would be great for Ferrari and F1.
Seems like a slap on the wrist for Ferrari when everyone else was expecting a disqualification, maybe we'll hear more about the fuel issue soon.
Kubica doing a lot of bad mouthing Williams, he should be grateful they gave him a seat. Good riddance. As for Alonso coming back in 2021, I don't think he will get a seat. He's done I hope!
Sad about Bottas getting divorced, he said a few weeks ago he "has a plan to beat Lewis next year but can't say what it is yet", was he talking about divorce being his plan? Pretty pathetic if he was.
Only just over 100 days until the 2020 season start, not much has changed on the grid but it's going to be an experimental year trying out parts for 2021.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
How much is really changing in 2021 in the end?

Is it more than just tinkering with the wings to try and make it easier to follow cars closely? And some bigger wheels for "looks"?

Is it all actually agreed yet? Seems the biggest thing is actually a new commercial contract and that is still all up in the air.

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg
Apart from the financial and upgrade restrictions, the aero apparently will throw the air away from the car substantially more getting almost completely rid of the 'dirty air' for the car behind. It will allow closer racing they claim but I think the main thing is that the cars will be completely redesigned and this opens the door for a world of possibilities as to who will get it right and who will fall on their face.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Latest paddock rumour is Merc to call it quits at the end of next year, also some daft ramblings about Hamilton F1 with Toto as a large shareholder

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Formula 1 would be a lot worse off if Mercedes decided to withdraw.
I know they (car maker) cut a lot of jobs recently in Germany so it wouldn’t be a total surprise.

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
Latest paddock rumour is Merc to call it quits at the end of next year, also some daft ramblings about Hamilton F1 with Toto as a large shareholder

Seen that also from a motoring journo earlier myself, had a quick scout about to see if I could find anything more solid to back it up without any joy.

Mercedes debut in formula e this year coinciding with their announcement to drop all ICE development so could make sense.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.