M.O.T 6 month exemptions.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
They haven't a clue what they are at, their official line is different circumstances mean different lengths of TEC are given however if you only get 6 months you'll get another 6 months when that one expired.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Funny just checked my car as it was due it’s first mot in April, booked for 11 May and obviously no test, didn’t recieve a letter but on the mot checker it motd to november now :grinning:

NoGrip

RMS Regular
Drives
the wife mad
I have a car that is approaching 12 months expired MOT, emailed DVA customer services yesterday with No. plate & VIN and now have a 6 month TEC this morning according to tax checker (y)

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
How long before an MOT is up do they add the TEC?

design1

RMS Regular
Dads car up in june actually yesterday checkd this morning up now 3rd december so 6 months..theyl be back after that id say

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
My van was up up 1.6.20, emailed them and got 6 months.
Queried it as I was expecting 12 months:
"When you check online, it will show the date your MOT expires based on the initial TEC period that has been applied. However, where applicable, the DVA will automatically apply further exemptions to ensure the full 12 months are covered. For further explanation on the length of TEC applied please visit Coronavirus (Covid 19) and motoring | nidirect and section on Automation of TECs."

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Got the TT an exemption for 6 months there 😁

MOT expired February and I wasn't able to book one after the date in May, so I emailed them explaining I work overseas etc, plus the car has only done 1500miles since last MOT and just checked there and it's done. Didn't even get a reply from them!

Best get it taxed and get it a blast

Screenshot_20200605-101306.jpg

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
My van was up up 1.6.20, emailed them and got 6 months.
Queried it as I was expecting 12 months:
"When you check online, it will show the date your MOT expires based on the initial TEC period that has been applied. However, where applicable, the DVA will automatically apply further exemptions to ensure the full 12 months are covered.."

surely its silly to do more admin work etc in doing multiple TEC's per vehicle rather than the 12 months for everyone straight off.
anyone had the initial TEC applied back in Jan/Feb and has it now expired and been extended automatically?

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
surely its silly to do more admin work etc in doing multiple TEC's per vehicle rather than the 12 months for everyone straight off.
anyone had the initial TEC applied back in Jan/Feb and has it now expired and been extended automatically?
Yes I had a 3 month Tec issued initially. (not the 4 months they advertised)
I've had to chase them constantly.

I also have a car thats MOT expired summer 18. MOT booked for 11.5.20, new directive came in on that day which excluded me from TEC, so I've lodged a complaint.
Never mind my camper and bike that both got TEC and off the road for longer.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Does anyone know what’s going on with the MOTs? My car was due it’s test in January and got an extension, which means that it’s up at the end of July now. My dads car mot expired yesterday but has been given a 6 month extension now so it expires in December.

So am I expected to go ahead and MOT my car next month during a pandemic? have some stranger inside my car touching everything, surely that’s risky during this current climate is it not?

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Does anyone know what’s going on with the MOTs? My car was due it’s test in January and got an extension, which means that it’s up at the end of July now. My dads car mot expired yesterday but has been given a 6 month extension now so it expires in December.

So am I expected to go ahead and MOT my car next month during a pandemic? have some stranger inside my car touching everything, surely that’s risky during this current climate is it not?

Have you missed the last 20 pages and other threads about this ? As well as various media reports etc ? and official statements.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Have you missed the last 20 pages and other threads about this ? As well as various media reports etc ? and official statements.
No I haven’t, I’ve already had my 6 month extension by the time July comes round. So do I have to MOT it or do I get another 6 month extension?

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
No I haven’t, I’ve already had my 6 month extension by the time July comes round. So do I have to MOT it or do I get another 6 month extension?
Screenshot_20200606-232005_Chrome.jpg

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
The Nissan was up during the week so emailed them nice and early about it.
It had an extension earlier in the year due to cancelled MOT appointment cause the ramps issue.
Checked today and mot expired. Will email them again next week. Car is off to paint right now so no big deal but still lol!!