M.O.T 6 month exemptions.

ItsAdamC

RMS Regular
Drives
Baguettes
anyone know what happens when the test centres are supposed to open again on the 20whateveritis of june for cars thats MOT is out after that? will we be able to book an MOT and get a date or will we get an exemption? I can imagine the test centres being an absolute nightmare if they do reopen then 🙄

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Hmm I just realised one of my cars expired April 12th 2019, am I right in thinking it was cars with an MOT not expired more than a year in March? Either way it's still showing expired and no extension

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
One of mine expired in Feb. I never booked, and it's never been extended.

Another expires 6 June...booked, and still expires 6 June.

Doesnt show on one MOT checker, and shows on another as 6 June with the old registration.

coling2005

RMS Regular
Drives
Altea, ATR, CRX
i fired off an email last week as one car had MOT appointment last week and another this week and both showed as expired last year. Couple days later both show expiring in Nov 2020.
Have another expiring mid June which I haven't booked in so interesting to see if it auto-extends

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
Drives
Italian
Ok I just spoke to the DVLA and according the girl I spoke to it is ONLY cars who's mot ran out on or after the 30 March 2020 that will be issued with exemption forms. I will not be able to put the Landy bak on the road until mot centres start up again. This is despite their website saying cars over a year outside mot will not get an exemption.

Great.

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Have another expiring mid June which I haven't booked in so interesting to see if it auto-extends

Reading more into it, seems it's only if had a test already booked, but that's not been possible the last few weeks, or any reminders coming in post for people. I'll send an email too and see it might prompt things for them to extend. They're going to have to do something for people wanting to put any cars on the road a year expired or more.

leek9

RMS Regular
Drives
GTR FD2R SiR
I have a car that im looking to get back on the road after being garaged for 2 years, how can i get this tested? can i apply and get an exemption cert?

Also what about registering cars? i have an Irish reg car i'm looking to get onto UK plates so how does that work now?

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Been covered loads of time in the thread but short answer is no you can't apply - all applications are closed. You have to wait until they decide to start doing tests again.
Also the DVA is currently closed as far as I am aware so don't fancy your chances of registering a car.

To follow up on my own case, my test was booked for Saturday past (car out of MOT 3 years but was to be it's first NI MOT) and I didn't get an exemption, they just refunded the money yesterday.

Bryan

RMS Regular
You have two options:

1. Throw it into the garage and put a cover over it and forget about it for the foreseeable
2. Sell it for probably half it’s worth because no one wants cars with no MOT and no means to get it MOTd.

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Got a badly worded and full of spelling mistakes reply from DVA here. Said anything expired 12 months now at all from March 24th won't be extended and must wait until tests re open.

joel44w

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap scrap
Have a car that was imported from the south feb 2019 and was motd then so ran out this year in February past

Trying to looking in to getting the extension but when i do the mot check online all i get is this?

Anyone had this problem?
1590956670083.png

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Have a car that was imported from the south feb 2019 and was motd then so ran out this year in February past

Trying to looking in to getting the extension but when i do the mot check online all i get is this?

Anyone had this problem?
View attachment 281453

Best email them, it's still been a valid recent MOT so shouldn't be a problem I'd have thought

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Scooby was booked in for it's MoT on Monday 6th July. Wasn't up to 22nd July. Any way noticed that there was an extra £30.50 payed back to my credit card today. A quick check shows it was from the DVA and my Scooby is showing as MoT'd to 21st Jan. 6 month extension applied. Had actually hoped it would be tested as it was July it was booked for.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
apparently the English ones that you don’t have to attend and simply offer up a donation to the cause are back on.... I overheard in the shop a man telling his friends wife that it was he’s sons tec mates cousins best friends neighbours dog groomer was telling them today 8o|

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
apparently the English ones that you don’t have to attend and simply offer up a donation to the cause are back on.... I overheard in the shop a man telling his friends wife that it was he’s sons tec mates cousins best friends neighbours dog groomer was telling them today 8o|

I must have been standing in that same shop at the same time :laughing:

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S

Anyone had this problem?
View attachment 281453

Did you get anywhere with this? I brought my car back from England in January 2019 and mine shows as now details held by DVLA’. First MOT is due at the beginning of July.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Got a number for them? Asking for a friend.............

ItsAdamC

RMS Regular
Drives
Baguettes
Didn't they come out and say it'd be a year added on? My mum's car wouldve been out of MOT today but got 6 months added on 🤔 Not that it really matters but just curious, they seem to be making it up as they go along

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Don't think I've heard of anyone getting a year yet. Really needs to be though or there will be an overload come end of the year.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Do you get a letter or anything? Just wondering how it will work with me just having bought the M3 and it being up for MOT in July.

ItsAdamC

RMS Regular
Drives
Baguettes
Do you get a letter or anything? Just wondering how it will work with me just having bought the M3 and it being up for MOT in July.

No, no letter or anything. MOT was 2/6 and updated today until 2/12. Was wondering the same for my own car which is up in August so I've now seen what way it works based off my mum's car which is zero information from them until the day after your MOTs due.