Audi A6 Allroad Sport

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Most people won’t use main dealers tho for any work needing done so will never pay Audi dealer costs...
I think it comes down to how nice an example of motor you’re buying ...ie very low mileage with already full Audi Service History...

Then again I suppose Audi won’t do a warranty for unless it’s an approved used car?

Rossӏmac

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S4
When I spoke to insurewithaudi.co.uk, they said you can't be penalised for how previous owners have maintained the car and that I'd be responsible for keeping to the service schedule in my ownership only. I was still a bit hesitant but decided to trust them on that.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Looks great @Lyons can you raise & lower it or is it steel sprung?

You can raise and lower it from the controls. Last 2 photos in the 1st post shows the 2 extremes. I usually keep it in comfort which is 1 notch up from the lowest.

Rossӏmac

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S4
When I spoke to insurewithaudi.co.uk, they said you can't be penalised for how previous owners have maintained the car and that I'd be responsible for keeping to the service schedule in my ownership only. I was still a bit hesitant but decided to trust them on that.
And just spoke with insurewithaudi.co.uk. Sales advisors told me the above but gave a wishwashy answer that I wasn't happy with. I pressured them to give and got through to a claims technician and he agreed with Agnews. Last post from me on warranty stuff in your thread @Lyons but thought I should correct this in case someone finds this via a random Google search!

Rossӏmac

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S4
Haha I just cancelled the Audi one as my gearbox oil was 22k late at 60k. £650 for 1 year I was happy at but not if it won't cover me. I had tried to get that worked out when buying the policy and I was quite explicit in what I had but was told incorrectly that I'd be covered. Happy to get a refund today.

Might still go for Agnews, similar cost to yours if going for a 3 year desk and it is a full coverage (except for mechanical gearbox ofc, electrical issues would likely be covered as how can they be attributed to a late oil change).

Maybe at 7 years old, my car is less likely to go kaput but I just would've liked peace of mind.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Tyres fitted to the new wheels yesterday evening and thought it would be rude to wait until after winter to get them on the car, so put them on while the Kwik-Fit guy was still here. Impressive mobile service it has to be said.

They’re 21” Rotors from an A7/8. I’m not going to lie, I’m absolutely delighted with how it looks.

18E9BBD1-A624-4F12-BE1C-B399FE78A303.jpeg

1A0FB48C-D118-48FB-83F0-8A69429F8E37.jpeg

Last edited:

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Tyres fitted to the new wheels yesterday evening and thought it would be rude to wait until after winter to get them on the car, so put them on while the Kwik-Fit guy was still here. Impressive mobile service it has to be said.

They’re 21” Rotors from an A7/8. I’m not going to lie, I’m absolutely delighted with how it looks.

View attachment 303583
View attachment 303584

You truly are the wheel ninja, I've been on the lookout for Audi 21inch alloys for 3 months now 😂

Last edited by a moderator:

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
The arch liners on my car are a bit thin in a wee spot both sides and not a mark on the tyres so tyres win lol.

Deleted member 13907

D
That looks awesome...and I’m not usually a fan of rotors...or a6 all roads 😂

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
What tyres did you put on?

I had Goodyear’s on a GTi a few years ago and didn’t rate them, but these were too cheap to ignore! So far so good. 255 would’ve been the sensible choice but there are far less available. Plus 265 should offer a slightly larger profile and I was nervous about comprising the ride. If anything this setup is smoother than the 20’s was.
Looks very nice! Will you refurbish them or leave as is? Let's see an Allroad setting picture 😜

The 2 that came from England had the lip painted silver sadly, only noticed it when they arrived. So they really need done diamond cut to match the other 2.

It’s horrendous on allroad mode 😂

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
That looks brilliant Ian. The Rotors are definitely the nicest wheels for an A6.

Glad to hear you got sorted with work too.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
I wasn’t to replace the crappy budget 255 20” on mine for better ones, but that’s £500+ that I can’t find the will to spend 😂.