Once common cars that you don't see anymore

DJMCA

RMS Regular
@DasÖuterRing this is the A35
IMG_20210817_180331.jpg

DJMCA

RMS Regular
That is it. Good find. I thought it was in good condition when I was passing, but maybe not if @DJMCA is neighbours with the owner.
On a side note - You are literally everywhere. I feel we should start a game, naming cars for you to find on your travels.
Its in good enough nick but its used and abused every day, sits outside and never pampered.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Yeah few years at least. My old boss was the owners son too.
My dad's Cousin was (I think) head of sales or service in C.A.R.S. for most of his working life. He had started in a garage in Rathfriland and then moved to the bigtime in Newry. Not sure when he retired but it must have been in the late 80's or early 90's and only recently died. If you had cut him in two, he would have read 'Ford' like a stick of rock lol.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Was a couple of showrooms in and around Oxford street i believe. I remember seeing an advert for BMC or Austin for in round there.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
I stand to be corrected but I don’t think so. As far as I know Agnews was always known as Isaac Agnews.

This is the other dealer I’m thinking of. This is a reproduction decal though.

7592EC9B-A13C-45BC-A9F3-2321A4500575.jpeg

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Where’s the bottom picture? Would swear it’s where the BP station is on the knock dual carriageway
It's their Mallusk site, the other pics were their place off the Falls/Springfield Rd.

Paul.

RMS Regular
WH Alexanders were THE biggest BL dealership with 4 of the 36 or so in NI alone..

View attachment 332758
Heading through Tobermore towards Maghera, the petrol station on the left has the BL Catherine wheel logo displayed. I’ve always wondered about the history, but it must be the remnant of a W. H. Alexander garage. Fascinating stuff.