Once common cars that you don't see anymore

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Think I've spotted that before, Stockman's? Just looked on streetview and can see the roundal on the wee side building. You can just about see the last few letters of Alexander Ltd on the wall where the Stockman's sign is. Class!! :cool:
Stockman2.jpg

Stockman.jpg

You can just about see an 'NDE' just above the left side of the door and a smaller 'Ltd' out to the very right hand side.

Last edited:

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Think I've spotted that before, Stockman's? Just looked on streetview and can see the roundal on the wee side building. You can just about see the last few letters of Alexander Ltd on the wall where the Stockman's sign is. Class!! :cool:
View attachment 332786
View attachment 332787

You can just about see an 'NDE' just above the left side of the door and a smaller 'Ltd' out to the very right hand side.
Mate had sent me a pic of that place a couple of weeks ago.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Avenger was indeed a rally car and in fact has a story but unsure yet if I can share as the owner just recently passed il have to check. Bm lay for 8 years growing into the vegetation

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
When I was a kid, we lived down the street from Dan Daly when he used to rally avengers (70's) and prep them in the garage at the house. They are class looking cars when done right, the works ones were lovely.
avenger.jpg

Last edited:

vtec1

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
Is that E36 a 6-pot? I feel the need for one even if impractical.

I’d love an E36 saloon with a 6-pot as something to tinker with. I’ll guess there’s not a lot of E36 saloon left there, though. :worried:
There's one sits on the shore road which seems to be daily used. Not sure which engine is in it though but a rap to the door could persuade them to sell

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Is that E36 a 6-pot? I feel the need for one even if impractical.

I’d love an E36 saloon with a 6-pot as something to tinker with. I’ll guess there’s not a lot of E36 saloon left there, though. :worried:
No bud she’s a 4 just. Iv two here but a couple of 6 pot 46’s so some day…

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
When I was a kid, we lived down the street from Dan Daly when he used to rally avengers (70's) and prep them in the garage at the house. They are class looking cars when done right, the works ones were lovely.
View attachment 332939
Cool! My dad bought new cars off him for a long time and I remember seeing the Datsun rally car that he raced in the 80s anytime I was down.

Do you remember them having this 120A?

Attachments

• kitt.jpg
    kitt.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 37

Paul.

RMS Regular
There's one sits on the shore road which seems to be daily used. Not sure which engine is in it though but a rap to the door could persuade them to sell
I think I know the car, is it dark green? If I’m right it’s a 318i.