RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
F2933F5C-65BC-40F5-A823-F322FB0D4ABA.jpeg

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
Drives
Old VWs
This wee A40 always sits just outside Millisle by the side of the road so once evening I decided to stop and admire it and ended up meeting its owner as well, so here it is, a cool little A40 and its proud owner Ronnie..

Attachments

• 20210809_203410.jpg
    20210809_203410.jpg
    491.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 20210809_204214.jpg
    20210809_204214.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 50

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
This wee A40 always sits just outside Millisle by the side of the road so once evening I decided to stop and admire it and ended up meeting its owner as well, so here it is, a cool little A40 and its proud owner Ronnie..
They’ve been there a good while I always wondered what the story was.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Yea I always liked them too my granda had a 1.4 petrol one. My uncle borrowed it and drove it with the choke on all the time 🙁

Mate of mine was given one for his first car and got it stuck up a tree one night lol

DJMCA

RMS Regular

Oul Ronnie, always looking me to do something for him. Garage is full of Austins, old bikes etc.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Mate of mine was given one for his first car and got it stuck up a tree one night lol
I was offered my granda one as my first car but the insurance was too expensive. It wouldn’t run right after being run with the choke on probably full of carbon.
And that right there is how they all suddenly vanished :innocent:
Pretty sure they dissolved in the rain too 🤣

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
Drives
Old VWs
Oul Ronnie, always looking me to do something for him. Garage is full of Austins, old bikes etc.
He was telling me he's more if a Bike man himself. He mentioned a Norton, a Sunbeam sidecar and a load of old bikes I have no idea about... think he said he had a A35 as well with a similar reg. Ut was hard to make the oul lad out tbh lol

DJMCA

RMS Regular
He was telling me he's more if a Bike man himself. He mentioned a Norton, a Sunbeam sidecar and a load of old bikes I have no idea about... think he said he had a A35 as well with a similar reg. Ut was hard to make the oul lad out tbh lol
Aye hes a rocket!! Yeah, has an old prop driven bike and sidecar, an A35, Alfa and loads of other crap lol. That wee A40 was mint when he bought it but he leaves them lying outside so they end up rotten

Last edited:

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Class
to see stuff with original #Z reg's

Uncle had one years ago, red with black roof, immaculate, his mate bought one from the same dealer and when he drove it in the rain his feet got wet............. floor was carboard painted black! Dealer promised them both he fix bits and pieces (trim etc) when they bought but never did. Then the rear cylinder started to leak another uncle did a temporary fix so it wasn't losing fluid (single circuit afaik) and crimped the end of the pipe. He thought this was great and when another two went did the same thing til the car only braked on one wheel :laughing: He traded it in to dealers brother :laughing:

Last edited:

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
MG Midget saloon, Pat Moss (Stirling's sister) used to rally one quite successfully and won the Coup des Dames in the 1959 Monte Carlo Rally.
Apparently we had one as the family car (4 kids) in the late 60's which I don't really remember. I only remember the Triumph Herald and Viva HC that came after it..

This is 'Zoe', the Pat Moss car which has lived here since 1991 until last year.
Bonhams : Ex-Pat Moss, Monte Carlo Rally,1958 Austin A40 Farina Chassis no. AA2S62642