What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Take. My. Money.

Saw that on their Instagram earlier, absolutely stunning. But who orders a coveted PTS coloured Spyder and then sells it 2 months later??!! 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Ben

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Little bit of fun then profit, I couldn’t do it but plenty can

Not much fun to be had from 700 miles of running it in...

They'd need to be making a fair bit over list to give up something like that. And then Ashgood need to make their bit, so dear knows how much that is up at now.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Maybe someone fell on hard times....beautiful looking car though.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Not much fun to be had from 700 miles of running it in...

They'd need to be making a fair bit over list to give up something like that. And then Ashgood need to make their bit, so dear knows how much that is up at now.

Someone on Boxa.net has been offered £10k over what he paid for his Spyder and is considering it, money talks with some, I buy cars I love and don’t see them as throwaway objects like some do

KevM

RMS Regular
I find that the type of folk that can have pretty much anything they like, get really bored really fast.

& Ashgood do give good money for cars they want. They bought a Boxster 3.4S PDK off me for pretty-much retail money in the last place I worked, shipped it back & still took a mark-up on it.

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Changed my mind, think I’d like this turbo’d R32 instead

I’d much rather have a mint standard low mileage R32 than this highly modified one..

I still miss my R32, if tax wasn’t £600/yr I’d have still had it as my daily

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
I’d much rather have a mint standard low mileage R32 than this highly modified one..

I've just recently sold mine and I've never been so relieved to see a car go. The tax was £620 by direct debit, and daily average of 18-22mpg, with not a lot of noise or go to show for it.

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
I've just recently sold mine and I've never been so relieved to see a car go. The tax was £620 by direct debit, and daily average of 18-22mpg, with not a lot of noise or go to show for it.

You’ve basically summed up why I’ve not bought one yet!!

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d

I did look at the early ones before I had a GTI a few years back, as they fell into the cheaper bracket at £305. Not many about though.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
You’ve basically summed up why I’ve not bought one yet!!

Frustrating, because with the DSG it was a great daily, and I think a full Milltek system would transform it (but for me I knew there was no point as I wasn't keeping it). If the tax was half and the MPG at least towards 30 on a gentle commute then I definitely would have kept it longer, but £70 of Super a week to do 10 miles each way to work and bit of running about at the weekend (while driving like a granny) was just too much.

Always in the back of your mind that a remapped R would be getting at least an extra 100bhp and be doing near twice the MPG while going faster...

Last edited:

colin84

RMS Regular
Would make a nice cheap runabout, would be a shame for him to break it.

Gambit

RMS Regular

Gambit

RMS Regular
Fire up the Quattro.....at £68k :eek:

1633363418622.png