What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
IMG_20220627_193800.jpg
IMG_20220627_193812.jpg
nice big jeep at elite autos

alexf557

RMS Regular
Drives
aul scrap
rover V8 mated to a 5 speed manual and it's been fully gone through
god if i had the cash :heart_eyes:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
@Boydie I think it must be boredom. If you want to sell a nice 480bhp S3 that does 34mpg to buy a Renaultsport Clio 😬

I can understand a need for change, but I'd think that one through carefully!

Def not boredom, I absolutely love my car but its just at the forefront of my mind about fuel costs. I know where you are coming from though.

Reactions: Lee

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Def not boredom, I absolutely love my car but its just at the forefront of my mind about fuel costs. I know where you are coming from though.

LPG conversion? Uses spare wheel and you can have the filler fitted discretely. It used to be about £300 per cylinder. Maxol in dundonald used to sell it too. Not sure if they do now mind you.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
With the miles you do I would’ve had a £1500 S60 or something ages ago.
Both my old S60 and current V70 are returning around mid 40s mpg. They also are the most comfortable cars I have owned. One of them would be a good shout @Boydie and for all they cost you could still keep the S3. My V70 is actually around £60 a year cheaper to insure than the S60 was too.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
LPG conversion? Uses spare wheel and you can have the filler fitted discretely. It used to be about £300 per cylinder. Maxol in dundonald used to sell it too. Not sure if they do now mind you.
No they dont sell it anymore, @Boydie if u consider it look at mylpg will show you all the stations and their price, should be 69.9p or close.

Don’t know who is gd for conversions but there are a load of companies around Dublin so likely cheaper down there.

Or buy this and wack the mikes on it, exhaust mod and would sound unreal as well.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Been on the look out for a mk2ph2 Clio Dci (2003-05) but they are few and far between - want something small that will not take up so much room on my drive.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR

The fact it’s green and a v8
It is such a bargain if its in anyway clean, have one the same and love it. Though sticking petrol in it wouldn’t be fun.

It might actually be a previous rms car, one of the Chris’s maybe?

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
I don’t have enough cash but I’d be tempted to buy this.
View attachment 366711
spot the Land rover fan boy, but had one with 200k on it and still drove well. Bar the 4wd system (can just make them 2wd if u don't need it) they are probably the most reliable LR and the best one for mpg, and they don't seem to rust too badly either, prices definitely been creeping up this last year (like most tbf), can see a clean low miles 3dr with the removable back being a safe place for a relatively small amount of money.