What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

Dave..

RMS Regular
spot the Land rover fan boy, but had one with 200k on it and still drove well. Bar the 4wd system (can just make them 2wd if u don't need it) they are probably the most reliable LR and the best one for mpg, and they don't seem to rust too badly either, prices definitely been creeping up this last year (like most tbf), can see a clean low miles 3dr with the removable back being a safe place for a relatively small amount of money.
The TD4 was a good engine but I remember the petrol engines gave bother/blew up. A couple of guys in our diving club had petrol ones that were very unreliable.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
The TD4 was a good engine but I remember the petrol engines gave bother/blew up. A couple of guys in our diving club had petrol ones that were very unreliable.
Yeah the petrol's are to be avoided, pretty sure it was a K series and the MG V6 which aren't known for reliability in sports cars let alone something with double / triple the weight

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I’m a bit of a land rover fan myself and I’ve always like the free lander. Would be good for walking the dog I’m up some forestry lanes and it feels abusive in the Passat with the coilovers 🤣

MarkM

RMS Regular
I’m a bit of a land rover fan myself and I’ve always like the free lander. Would be good for walking the dog I’m up some forestry lanes and it feels abusive in the Passat with the coilovers 🤣

Freelander 1 & 2 have quite a high rear load area, not sure they’re dog friendly but I suppose depends on the dog! I set out to buy a 1 and really hated it, bit too agricultural for me so bought a 2 which has been fantastic, 166k on mine and going strong

Last edited:

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Freelander 1 & 2 have quite a high rear load area, not sure they’re dog friendly but I suppose depends on the dog! I set out to buy a 1 and really hated it, but too agricultural for me so bought a 2 which has been fantastic, 166k on mine and going strong
He won’t jump in have to lift him in anyway and he weighs a ton ffs 🤣

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Freelander 1 & 2 have quite a high rear load area, not sure they’re dog friendly but I suppose depends on the dog! I set out to buy a 1 and really hated it, but too agricultural for me so bought a 2 which has been fantastic, 166k on mine and going strong
Case of bigger money, better car, what sort of MPG are you getting from it?
Don't think I'll ever sell mine, just does everything so well

Dave..

RMS Regular
He won’t jump in have to lift him in anyway and he weighs a ton ffs 🤣
Get a ramp, we had one for Bailey when he went in the Defender.

2022-06-28_14-47-21.jpg

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182