What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Willy599

RMS Regular
Deep cleaning some arches and a bit of polishing.

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0104.JPG

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Brake fluid and front discs and pads on the 5 mot on Monday and just realised I never set the lights since lowering it and I'll not get a chance to sort before the test.

Few bits to sort on her car tomorrow for her test on Wednesday then both of them to wash.

No chance of catching the match tomorrow ffs

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Changing a bulb in the drivers side of a Q5 requires you to remove the air box :mad:

View attachment 424745

To get at this wee door

View attachment 424746

Old on the right, new on the left

View attachment 424747

Sadly didn't resolve the issue :worried: light comes on for a while then fault comes up on the dash and headlight goes off so must have a loose connection somewhere - great as MOT is next weekend

Moved on to the S3 to empty the catch can as I haven't done it in a couple months, quite surprised at the lack of oil in the can 🤷‍♂️ engine bay like @Coog's

View attachment 424748
View attachment 424749

Want to run diagnostics on both as I am getting "start stop function unavailable" constantly on my dash for some reason even though ive it coded out but now, time to wash the cars
Found it quicker to remove the headlights for bulb changes.

Audi don't make anything easy, do they?

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Headlights on my B6 can be removed in about 30 seconds a side tbf.
B7 was bumper off job. Audi said they billed it at 1 hour to remove and 1 to refit

Had it down to about 20 mins on and off by the time I got the problem sorted.

Anyway...

Today I put a full year's ticket on the car. Was sweating the headlight alignment as I never got it checked after lowering it, plus first proper Norn Iron mot, but all good in the hood. Next on the list, rear tyres

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
B7 was bumper off job. Audi said they billed it at 1 hour to remove and 1 to refit

Had it down to about 20 mins on and off by the time I got the problem sorted.

Anyway...

Today I put a full year's ticket on the car. Was sweating the headlight alignment as I never got it checked after lowering it, plus first proper Norn Iron mot, but all good in the hood. Next on the list, rear tyres

Liked the Cayenne design. Just turn a lever and the whole assy came out for changing bulbs. Did make the headlights quite easy to steal though lol

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Liked the Cayenne design. Just turn a lever and the whole assy came out for changing bulbs. Did make the headlights quite easy to steal though lol

Watched a video on that a few weeks back, led to headlight thefts across a few of their range of similar age.

Darren91

RMS Regular
MOT check on the 350,000 mile ‘09 A3 yesterday revealed a lot of soft metal in places especially both sills, rear boot floor area has 4 holes and also soft at the opening where the handbrake cables go into the body

Needless to say we’ve written it off and it won’t see its MOT in a couple of weeks. It needs a gearbox as the diff is about to explode again so this is just adding insult to injury too.

Lot of memories over the last 13 years, lot of miles travelled (322,000) but at the end of the day it’s just metal 😔 will be sad to see it go but hey-ho

Not dead from the common well known fault of conrod failure which is the more annoying thing of the whole lot! I’ll be stripping parts out of it that I can sell on and the rest will be squashed 😬😬

IMG_0645.jpeg
IMG_6844.jpeg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
MOT check on the 350,000 mile ‘09 A3 yesterday revealed a lot of soft metal in places especially both sills, rear boot floor area has 4 holes and also soft at the opening where the handbrake cables go into the body

Needless to say we’ve written it off and it won’t see its MOT in a couple of weeks. It needs a gearbox as the diff is about to explode again so this is just adding insult to injury too.

Lot of memories over the last 13 years, lot of miles travelled (322,000) but at the end of the day it’s just metal 😔 will be sad to see it go but hey-ho

Not dead from the common well known fault of conrod failure which is the more annoying thing of the whole lot! I’ll be stripping parts out of it that I can sell on and the rest will be squashed 😬😬

View attachment 425035View attachment 425036

Decent innings all the same. Looks like moisture has got behind the sealant there and dissolved her from the inside out.