What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Pulled it out of hibernation the other day and replaced a few rusty vanos bolts to tidy it up. Nice to get it back out.

2024-1.jpg

2024-2.jpg

2024-3.jpg

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
So I was busy gawping round me and missed a bit of lorry tyre….ran over it, must have flicked up cracked my rear diffuser on the vxr, ripped it half out, broke two attachment points and trailed along the ground wearing the point off the plastic!

No biggie as I thought it would be about £100 odd quid from Vauxhall……..£1050 plus vat! 🫨
Near shat, nothing to loose so tried to fix it myself, came out no to bad tbh!

IMG_4898.jpeg
IMG_4905.jpeg
IMG_4906.jpeg

Finished job

IMG_5068.jpeg

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
So I was busy gawping round me and missed a bit of lorry tyre….ran over it, must have flicked up cracked my rear diffuser on the vxr, ripped it half out, broke two attachment points and trailed along the ground wearing the point off the plastic!

No biggie as I thought it would be about £100 odd quid from Vauxhall……..£1050 plus vat! 🫨
Near shat, nothing to loose so tried to fix it myself, came out no to bad tbh!

View attachment 426832View attachment 426833View attachment 426834

Finished job

View attachment 426835
Are you and @CharlySkunkWeed long lost brothers, this is so like something he would do :joy:

Gambit

RMS Regular
Started into very minor front end revision. Decided to try mirror r205 sti setup of gloss black blade on the grill

Got a standard sti grill then got Autoskins to wrap the blade, changed mesh to zunsport to match lower grill then put the red pinstripe on it.

Bumper has to come off to fit it due to intercooler so will have to wait till week or so till my ribs are in better shape

Think it'll give front a slightly lower look if anything

Screenshot_20240303_173528_eBay.jpg
20240303_151018.jpg
20240303_152244.jpg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Started into very minor front end revision. Decided to try mirror r205 sti setup of gloss black blade on the grill

Got a standard sti grill then got Autoskins to wrap the blade, changed mesh to zunsport to match lower grill then put the red pinstripe on it.

Bumper has to come off to fit it due to intercooler so will have to wait till week or so till my ribs are in better shape

Think it'll give front a slightly lower look if anything

View attachment 426916View attachment 426917View attachment 426918
As much as I preferred the STI one over the OEM, that R205 one looks more "factory" but high spec if you know what I mean ?
The STI one has a slight aftermarket look about it.

Gambit

RMS Regular
As much as I preferred the STI one over the OEM, that R205 one looks more "factory" but high spec if you know what I mean ?
The STI one has a slight aftermarket look about it.
Yeah I know what you mean, plus ever since losing the bonnet scoop the grill then didn't look as purposeful either

Dropped it back to its favourite place, the mechanics 🤦🏻‍♂️ View attachment 426939
Hopefully just routine and nothing too serious!

renman8957

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane RS250
Had to do some 'minor' engine work
20230504_102112.jpg

From that
20230504_132251.jpg

Two weekends later due to a stripped bolt on the back of the engine
Mostly to pop one of the lpg hoses back on that must have been pulled off accidently
20240302_173628.jpg

20240302_173632.jpg

Also replaced the right hand side inlet radiator because of a snapped bolt, new gasket for that and a few other gaskets I didn't do last year when I rebuilt the supercharger

Ian_EP

RMS Regular
Yeah I know what you mean, plus ever since losing the bonnet scoop the grill then didn't look as purposeful either

Hopefully just routine and nothing too serious!
Nothing too bad just after being fully forged now back in for fuel pump and filters all done just to be sure!

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Decided to do a sunrise blast up the coast this morning, something I haven't done in a while. Was slightly worried when I heard the rain battering off the window, but up and away at 5.45am.

Honestly can say it was the best run up that road I've ever had! Passed a couple of cars going the opposite direction but between Larne and Kelly's caravan site in Portrush I never came upon another car at all! And that's with stopping for photos and stuff. Whole road all to myself, honestly was perfect, definitely up there with one of my most memorable drives. Love that wee Yaris lol.

Clouds cleared and sun even came up at the exact time it was meant to! Was in Portstewart for a nice breakfast then on to Blackheath where I forgot to take any photos ffs.

20240303_065301.jpg
20240303_071235.jpg
20240303_071535.jpg
20240303_073728.jpg
20240303_081911.jpg
IMG-20240303-WA0016.jpeg
20240303_142934.jpg

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Decided to do a sunrise blast up the coast this morning, something I haven't done in a while. Was slightly worried when I heard the rain battering off the window, but up and away at 5.45am.

Honestly can say it was the best run up that road I've ever had! Passed a couple of cars going the opposite direction but between Larne and Kelly's caravan site in Portrush I never came upon another car at all! And that's with stopping for photos and stuff. Whole road all to myself, honestly was perfect, definitely up there with one of my most memorable drives. Love that wee Yaris lol.

Clouds cleared and sun even came up at the exact time it was meant to! Was in Portstewart for a nice breakfast then on to Blackheath where I forgot to take any photos ffs.

View attachment 426971View attachment 426972View attachment 426973View attachment 426974View attachment 426975View attachment 426976View attachment 426977
Class road that but can be eventful and a bit scary at times .its just not the same in the car as it was on the bike .never forget pushing as hard as I could up towards the vanishing lake when my friend passed me on his new 1000rr and that finished it for me .up to that point the 600 was perfect lol .

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Class road that but can be eventful and a bit scary at times .its just not the same in the car as it was on the bike .never forget pushing as hard as I could up towards the vanishing lake when my friend passed me on his new 1000rr and that finished it for me .up to that point the 600 was perfect lol .

Lol, it's only eventful and scary on a bike if you make it eventful and scary. I've been up hundreds of times and it's one of the best biking roads and surface isn't too bad either compared to rest of the country.
Can be a pain when there's tourists, buses, caravans etc, and that's probably when it gets slightly risky when trying to pass them all and make time up but sure.

I need to get the finger out and get another big bike sorted for summer actually, today got me in the mood again. Definitely more sunrise blasts though, then home for mid morning

Reactions: Ben