£1 a litre?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

BurntCarcus

RMS Regular
Drives
Scenic TomTom
Petrol prices due to rise to £1/litre. Thats what i was told it would be by the middle of may! Anyone else hear this? Hope its not true!

raistlin

brilliant how they give us all this ***** sayin that theres a petrol shortage an thats why its goin up:

the how come the feckin yanks still have 20p a litre and drive around in V8 5 litre cars wastin petrol when their ****** speed limit is 50mph :x . GEES

aaron_m

RMS Regular
wat can be done?! another fuel boycott possibly, i remember after the last one prices went down to 71.9...even southern prices have risen...in september i was paying 65.9 sterling per litre for derv and its now 71.9. cheap enough to slightly soften the blow

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
93p a litre for bp ultimate. makes me stay well away from vtec at that price. (well not really)

Nordonian

RMS Regular
VEN©M said:
93p a litre for bp ultimate. makes me stay well away from vtec at that price. (well not really)

yeah i paid 92.9 for derv ultimate. complete disgrace the price we pay

aaron_m

RMS Regular
dont want to take the topic of ona tangent but wat is derv ultimate? any good/?

IBR

Dang I Thought We Were Bad Down South

Its Like 85 c A Ltr !!!!!!!

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
yep, its depressing, i've been buying ultimate constantly and couldn't tell you the price per litre, just didn't want to know, but we should kick a$$....i'll flooking do me nut if it goes up anymore!!

Gman

RMS Regular
Drives
Octavia and E39
The garage in holywood where i get super started off at 83.9 about 4-5 months ago. Its now 90.9. *****. Still cheaper than ultimate tho so worth the journey. And the smell is nearly strong enough to knock you out so it must be good!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Nordonian said:
VEN©M said:

its now 95.9p :eek: when i filled up in coleraine!

i wonder if BP garages have different prices in different areas tho???

BJ

Banned
gixerboy said:
Get on the DERV!!! 28p ;)

Is Derv not the legal to use stuff,if so point me in the direction of 28ppl! :?

I had to buy from a local filling station this week for the first time in months(cos I ran low before a Saturday) and near dropped when the pump displayed "89.9ppl"! :eek:

I'm still getting proper diesel for 60ppl from a local haulier who brings his wagons up full over the border! ;)

big cyril

RMS Regular
Fact is petrol prices will continue to rise and rise.

And it's just as well.

Here's why -

World oil reserves are estimated to be at least half used up.
This is really bad news when you consider that almost all transport is needing oil or oil products.
If the oil runs out quickly we are stuffed.
Imagine if there was no petrol tomorrow?
No transport , no getting to work , no food deliveries , hospitals shut because of no supplies (if you could ever get to the hospital that is ).
There would be famine. The internet is no use if you have no way of moving food supplies.
Instantly we would be a third world country. :!:

Some estimates suggest that it could be as little as 20 years before the reserves run dry - that is in many of our expected lifetimes and the government does not appear to be doing much about it.
As oil runs out it will cost more and more to get at what is left which makes it more expensive to produce , hence the price will rise and rise.

The reason it is good that prices are rising is because it will create a demand for alternatives which hopefully will develop gradually and be fully on line before the oil does run out. eg electric power from the national grid supplied by coal or nuclear power.
The problem is that if we just let the oil run out then there will be no power to do anything about it ie it will be too late , nows the time when we still have oil to put the infrastrusture in place.

Sorry this has turned into a bit of an essay.

Nordonian

RMS Regular
Boydie said:
Nordonian said:
VEN©M said:

its now 95.9p :eek: when i filled up in coleraine!

i wonder if BP garages have different prices in different areas tho???

im near certain they do

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
cyril, i don't think the rise in fuel costs will go anywhere near the research of a replacement.

big cyril

RMS Regular
Sir Sax said:
cyril, i don't think the rise in fuel costs will go anywhere near the research of a replacement.

Nope , you're right - most (about 75% i think) is tax which the government uses for goodness knows what.
It's all depressingly short sighted.

The increasing cost will make other energy sources cheaper than oil as time goes by , probably it will be the private sector which develops this , there is no sign the government is doing anything in this regard.

Nordonian

RMS Regular
yeah thought it was summit like that %
bastids the lot of em. any wonder so many ppl who drive dervs run on red, 30p compared to 90p
ive never put red in the astra but if i had my own car running on derv id find it v hard not to be tempted

aaron_m

RMS Regular
does russia not have loads of oil? they've been a waster country for long enough, its time we pillaged it...:grinning:

big cyril

RMS Regular
aarons_ka said:
does russia not have loads of oil? they've been a waster country for long enough, its time we pillaged it...:grinning:

Ha , wonder if George Bush has been having similar thoughts?

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
LOL, times like this im glad im on the DIESEL.... 45.5p... N that the other is off road at min....

Diesel has spoiled me... I hate putting petrol in a car now just to watch it go 30 miles later :lol: :cry:

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
big cyril said:
Nope , you're right - most (about 75% i think) is tax which the government uses for goodness knows what.

Heres a few hints.........

Wasting money on lawyers for criminals, and debating human right's issues of some rapist who got a bit ruffed up in the back of a paddy wagon after he raped a 12 year old girl......

Wasting court times for things like a 3 point speeding conviction which gains the government £30 if debated. Average cost of a court room for a 1 hour "session" is close to 50 times that at the tax payers expense.......

Giving immigrants operations because they have flown in and bumped off NHS waiting list.............

Paying several dozen Northern Ireand MLA's salery's for a job in the UK parliment when they will never set a day inside the House of Common's.....

""Waging War on country's with weapon's of mass destruction""

Feck me, where do you want me to start. Labour government isnt just turning on the spending tap, the sink's been overflowing for nearly a decade now and they don't want to turn it off claiming "their hand's are tied"!!

Your the Government, the Prime Minster has more power than any other authoritive figure in the UK, if he want's something bad enough, it will happen. :x

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.