£10k What Car?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

spaceh0pper

RMS Regular
Drives
Pedestrian
Yes yes, I know, another one of these threads. If you don't like it, please move on....

So I've sold the VIII FQ-340. I'd like to get something nice, but also free up some money towards a new bathroom, hence I reckon I'll throw about £10k of the money from the sale of the Evo towards a new motor.

I'm not looking for a 'project', or anything I'd have to do any work to. I'd like something with relatively low miles, clean condition, at least half leather interior, nice wheels.

Maybe something like a BMW 330d (although those don't seem to have fallen into that price range yet), an R32, another Evo (7 or 8), etc.

I was never really one for browsing autotrader, pistonheads etc and I know some of you do that all the time so I'm looking for ideas, if anyone can spare the time to share any.

Cheers!

And before anyone says "use the search"... you try searching for '10k', or 'what car'.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Even £10k wont get you that great an R32 unfortunately.

Well into S4 territory though.

spaceh0pper

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
Pedestrian
Could you stretch to an E46 BMW M3?

I could but the idea of selling the Evo was to put some money into the house without touching my savings, so I'm trying to find something worth a bit less.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Depends on what you're looking. You wont touch a mk5 at that price and the mint DBP R32s are still £12k up.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Actually, quick look on PH proves Im smoking crack. Plenty of £10k examples there.

Bazmcc

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Bora
It's impossible to tell a decent quattro without seeing it but there's plenty in the trader and pistonheads site.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
I was talking to a guy that does a load of VW work, repairs, rebuilds and the like and he said theyre awesome, but they take a lot of money to look after, especially the haldex diff.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
Beautiful. But sold.

Yeah, I was just giving you examples of rarer cars avalible for your budget if you were to spend some time and look about and of course, hand cash at hand to jump at the right deal!

I've just wasted over an hour looking at random cars for 10kish :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.