£10k What Car?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
I'd say to go for a big comfy cruiser for a change, Although you might get bored after the EVO, but if you still have the bike for fun..... The missus' aunt picked up a < 3 year old E270 Avantgarde with under 30k for £11k before christmas there. Lovely big bus to be in both as a passenger and driver. Was never really a fan of the older Mercs myself.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
id love to have 10k to spend on a motor, i think coming from an evo most comfy cruisers would bore you. if it was me id prob be looking a liner or the sort

i think 10k would get you a roughish twin cam and a cone round mid ulster nowdays too though:party:

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
Drives
Italian
Yes yes, I know, another one of these threads. If you don't like it, please move on....

So I've sold the VIII FQ-340. I'd like to get something nice, but also free up some money towards a new bathroom, hence I reckon I'll throw about £10k of the money from the sale of the Evo towards a new motor.

I'm not looking for a 'project', or anything I'd have to do any work to. I'd like something with relatively low miles, clean condition, at least half leather interior, nice wheels.

Cheers!

And before anyone says "use the search"... you try searching for '10k', or 'what car'.

Throw another £500 on top and you can have my Maserati 3200 GT.

Full leather, very clean condition, nice wheels, 370 bhp. Very exclusive and damm quick.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
you will spend another 10k on it to keep it on the road in a year too (n)

Common misconception :p buy a good one and they're grand. I know 2 owners locally who haven't had to touch them. They're dipping well below £10k now so that should secure a decent one

spaceh0pper

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
Pedestrian
Some good ideas here folks, will have a hunt around on pistonheads and the like over the weekend for some of your ideas.

id love to have 10k to spend on a motor, i think coming from an evo most comfy cruisers would bore you. if it was me id prob be looking a liner or the sort

Something stylish & comfortable would do rightly I have the bike for fun these days (part of the reason for selling the Evo - not the same after owning a sportsbike).

The problem for me with old liners and that is the interior is naff and ancient looking.

spaceh0pper

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
Pedestrian
ep3 ctr??? will cost you next to nothing to buy, you will blend into the surroundings and u will have 5k spare for your house

You know what, I always thought t would be sacrilege to buy a CTR after an Evo... but when you look at the figures like that, it makes a lot of sense. Might give that option some serious consideration too.

BAZRS2000

Cracking! Be nice to find one of these locally.

i know they are like hens teeth:worried: there was one on pistonheads for 7k recently alot of car for the dough and apparantly they are really sharp....mid range punch is supposed to be very impressive, id love one in black(y)

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
Drives
Italian
Something stylish & comfortable would do rightly I have the bike for fun these days (part of the reason for selling the Evo - not the same after owning a sportsbike).

maserati_at_spelga_damm_may_09.jpg

(y)

Ghost

RMS Regular
Stuart - Your car is absolutely beautiful.

Would love that, but couldnt afford to insure or run it haha.

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
Drives
Italian
Stuart - Your car is absolutely beautiful.

Would love that, but couldnt afford to insure or run it haha.

"A but", you could you see. It's over 10 years old so should be eligable for classic satatus.

And as for running it, well apart from petrol (which your not going to worry about cause it's a toy) parts can be got at the right money without going near the dear people.

And, I know who can service it for the right money ;)

Your tempted now aren't you.

spaceh0pper

RMS Regular
OP
S
Drives
Pedestrian
Throw another £500 on top and you can have my Maserati 3200 GT.

Full leather, very clean condition, nice wheels, 370 bhp. Very exclusive and damm quick.

A quick look on pistonheads shows the only ones in that price range are from 1999. Lovely looking motor though!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.