£500 small - mid sized car wanted

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

j44nty

RMS Regular
Oh see now that's just playing on my mind already @j44nty lol
Couple the grey leather with a setc of springs and some cheap as chips 17" style 68s be subtle and clean.
IMG_2812.jpg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Depends on where you get your cheap E46.

I have a 2001 320d available, for example. There's a replacement turbo on it, we've thoroughly serviced it, has been on the ramps and checked left right and centre, and while its a bit scruffy, it's 100% reliable and the first gen M47 engines are a lot less breakdown-prone than the common rail M47N in the facelift cars. It's more than the budget though. And I've lost the V5.
All 4 cylinder petrols are scrap however (apart from any I may have sold or will have for sale ;) )

Even when I had one that was 2 years old it was a pain in the balls. Great cars but an absolute nightmare if you're fussy.

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
Even when I had one that was 2 years old it was a pain in the balls. Great cars but an absolute nightmare if you're fussy.
If you're fussy yes, can't be done under a grand imo, but they can be very very good. I've sold a few of them that I would say were very good indeed, not quite exceptional, but all around 2.5k.

Blackie that grey one j44nty posted is the same colour as what I have. If you don't mind applying for the v5 yourself, pm me, I'll blow it out cheap as I've had enough of timewasters and just picked up another one to start fixing...

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
There is an s40 1.9 diesel on Facebook mot to April for £200

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Too many bad experiences with Ford's. I know that Mazda were part owned by Ford for a while which concerns me a little, especially around bodywork and rust!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.