£8k what car thread

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
My mum is getting rid of her bora and has an £8k budget for a new car, the requirements are-

Small - hatchback, fiesta sized or slightly bigger

Quick - She is used to a quick enough car so wont be up for getting a 1.2, would need to be sharpish enough

Age - up to 2/3 maybe slightly older for the right car

Toys - must have lots!

And finally, must be fairly practial. No convertibles, or 2 seaters as there could be the occasional need for 4 seats.

Ive thought of a Mini ( id be mutton dressed as lamb, was the reply ) Swift Sport, Toyota Auris, Fiesta ST ( Swift and ST maybe to sporty lookin for a mum though ) and Pug 207

Suggestions needed!

Alan_B

RMS Regular
OP
Alan_B
Drives
Whatever
She has golfs/boras for 10 years now, she is looking a change, will have to look into the Civics never thought about them.

Would be nice if I could persuade her into something which I could steal at the weekends!

Have looked at A3s - hold their value too well, they are a great car but £8k isnt getting her something new enough with a bit of poke!

Revogti

RMS Regular
Drives
????
What about a Mazda RX8? 8k would get her a 2006 low miler. It has 4 seats, 5 doors and a reasonable boot. Sorted.

Quick car too, but maybe a little hard on the juice coming from a derv Golf/Bora. But so much more exciting IMO.

How many miles does she do a year?

Alan_B

RMS Regular
OP
Alan_B
Drives
Whatever
Excellent idea, ill have to show her a few pics. What is the issue with these when your turning them off? they have to be revved before hand or something?

Alan_B

RMS Regular
OP
Alan_B
Drives
Whatever
Dont think she could be doin much more than 10k nowdays. But she said she likes not going to the garage to tank up every few days so it might come as abit of a shock if she gets something that thirsty.

Dont forget she is fairly old, she doesnt want a 'boy racer' car just the performance of one apparently!

kurgan

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord
re RX8

to help prevent the engine flooding the engine should be turned off on a closed throttle. simply increase the revs a little (3k would do) then lift your foot off the throttle and before the revs fall back to idle switch the engine off. especially when the engine is not at normal running temperature.

ps expect 20mpg

Alan_B

RMS Regular
OP
Alan_B
Drives
Whatever
^^ Cheers for that.

Looking somthing smaller Baxter, and prob away from VAG too. Driveway has been full of them for years!

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
Mazda 3 MPS is a proper wolf in sheeps clothing , subtle, wont attract unwanted attention but will deliver the weekly shop at a smidge just under light speed

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
What about a Mazda RX8? 8k would get her a 2006 low miler?

large.jpg

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
@BarryPort for sleazy salesman of the year award :party:

Yes sweet cheeks I can sort a new vehicle for you, now;

Sexual preference
Availability
Bra size

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.