1st 100k Mile RX8 in the north

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

rotor_dude

RMS Regular
Drives
Rotary Power
G4ost, wasn't having a go at you if that's what you think ?
Was just banter

The diesel, I'm sure it has a turbo
So take the turbo off and then see
You can't compare a turbo car to non turbo, not fair

Try a RX7 FD to that diesel and see what you think ;)
Be totally different story

Yes, the RX8 should have had a turbo option, even just 300bhp would have been good

Rotary engines love turbos, especially with the extra exhaust heat, really makes them a great match

Last edited:

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
G4ost, wasn't having a go at you if that's what you think ?
Was just banter

lol no no I didn't think that at all, i guess the internet tone of my post didn't come across well at all as that's two people who thought I'd taken it thick :party:

I agree with the above, the turbos in turbo Ds are what were annoying as they sailed by but as in your example it's like comparing apples with oranges and I was happy in the cabin of the RX8

I think the 3 of us are all agreeing and saying the same thing - I didn't mean to come across like a bear with a sore head at all :sob::oops:

rotor_dude

RMS Regular
Drives
Rotary Power
No didn't think that at all and you didnt

Was just saying, as you say tone on Internet is confusing sometimes

rotor_dude

RMS Regular
Drives
Rotary Power
Rx8 was built as a non turbo, goes great for what it is, better than previous standard non turbo rx's
Also for the handling etc and bring the price down on parts
Which they achieved

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Rx8 was built as a non turbo, goes great for what it is, better than previous standard non turbo rx's
Also for the handling etc and bring the price down on parts
Which they achieved

I really think they should have an RX8 at track day experiences to let people that wouldn't normally want to drive one get a run in one.

If one came up that was in good shape and at the right money, I'd love it as a track car but it's almost a sin to rip out that interior too!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.