2.0 hdi berlingo van help

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Ring Diesel Jones before you do any more George. The quoted me £75 per injector for the Range Rover for a fully stripped, cleaned, rebuilt and tested units on a like for like basis. They send me 6 injectors and I put 6 in the post to them after removal/fitting of the new 1's...

Call them on 01618 724755 and ask for Dave (typical Englishman name :p) and he'll see you right.

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
Ring Diesel Jones before you do any more George. The quoted me £75 per injector for the Range Rover for a fully stripped, cleaned, rebuilt and tested units on a like for like basis. They send me 6 injectors and I put 6 in the post to them after removal/fitting of the new 1's...

Call them on 01618 724755 and ask for Dave (typical Englishman name :p) and he'll see you right.
siemens cant be refurbed mate as far as i know

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
lolil try but the fella in dunmurry industrial estate assures me they cant! il report back tomorrow!

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
yes they are ****ed thats the injectors im using the new engine came bare, stumped as to how everything could have packed in at the one time but i suppose one thing led to another a bit like domino's(not the pizza)

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Oh rite i thought you'd have got a complete engine.
I would be surprised if those injectors cant be refurbed. Are they sealed units?

Try 306oc.com and pug306.net for a few smart hdi people.

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
Oh rite i thought you'd have got a complete engine.
I would be surprised if those injectors cant be refurbed. Are they sealed units?

Try 306oc.com and pug306.net for a few smart hdi people.
i think siemens dont do the parts to refurb them(i think) though i have won an auction on ebay for a set of siemens injectors from a 307 hdi cheap at £42 with a different part number so im gonna try the injector dude to see if he can come up with something from the 2 sets

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
not buck em in and see how it runs?
yeah il try that first, was speaking to a fella that reckons they should be ok but then another fella says no they will probably be no good lol but time will tell (y)

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
i'm beat here folks so if anyone else has any ideas i've replaced the injectors that has sorted the white smoke, problem is she wont start properly, the only time she will start is when its been sitting a few hours and i spray some easy spray into it after 4 or 5 attempts it will fire and run and drive perfect however if i switch it off she wont start again when warm, no amount of easy start.....

here's a list of all done so far..

new engine
new turbo
new injectors
new diesel pump
new fuel primer pump and connections

had it on a few different diagnostic machines one said some kinda permanent fault with the high pressure pump(that's why i replaced that) and the other said some kinda fault with the fuel pressure sensor(incoherent)

any ideas?

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
the mechanic in the unit beside me had a berlingo doing the exact same thing. It turned out some rocker was broken or something and it was putting the timing out even though it looked to be set perfectly?

I know nothing about engines so hopefully that means more to you than it does to me lol

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
the mechanic in the unit beside me had a berlingo doing the exact same thing. It turned out some rocker was broken or something and it was putting the timing out even though it looked to be set perfectly?

I know nothing about engines so hopefully that means more to you than it does to me lol
the engines been rebuilt although the new engine has and adjustable cam shaft maybe thats out...

but in saying that even when the old engine had jumped the timing it still started right away though i suppose it depends which way its out

garyhoker

RMS Regular
Drives
honda
have you taken rocker cover off and checked the cam timimg on lobes u said it stopped with a thud... might have turned sprocket in keyway which is throwing u off (y)

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
i suspect the engine but i dunno, it seems to run perfect when going, im toying with the idea of ripping it out again and trying another, the starter is on its way out i dont know if that would cause less fuel pressure when turning?

tommy309

RMS Regular
is the cam wheel different between the old engine and the new engine??, if it is thats probably why its hard to start, if the signal from there is wrong it wont start in a month of sundays, needs that signal to be bang on or it wont inject fuel

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
is the cam wheel different between the old engine and the new engine??, if it is thats probably why its hard to start, if the signal from there is wrong it wont start in a month of sundays, needs that signal to be bang on or it wont inject fuel
yes the one on the replacement engine is adjustable mines wasnt, whats the best way to sort it? try and get my old head or mess about adjusting?

would this also throw up the fault about fuel pressure incoherent?

tommy309

RMS Regular
quite possibly, u need to take the cam wheel off ur old one and put it on to the one u have now, if it doesnt fit then ud need to swap the heads over, its not an adjustment problem, or even an actual valve timing problem its that the phasing wheel of the cam pulley is different and giving false reading to the ecu hence it not starting, i wouldnt keep starting it with easy start either if i was you, it will eventually damage the engine

sickomotorsport

RMS Regular
Drives
Peugeot 205, own
If it runs fine when its going I doubt its the timing, maybe an electrical fault of some sort? Have you had it on a Peugeot diagnostic machine?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.