2005 Audi S4 (B7)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I really like the rotors, this might not make much sense but seeing them on a proper car like this makes them much more appealing than on a derv yoke sitting dragging its behind.

Agree the real concave ones are the dogs, look really cool on the move too.

How are you getting on with the car @pablo, enjoying it?

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
last nights lovely job int he rain. wipers were moving unbearably slow so off to the inter web and it seems the spindles are in a habit of seizing (alloy meets steel). So pulled the mechanism out (fun) in the rain and couldn't even turn it with my hand, or in a vice! How the motor was turning it Ive no idea.

So blowtorch for some heat and hammer for some persuasion and popped it out, cleaned it up with a drill bit and some scotchbrite and greased and reassembled. Broke the plastic windscreen trim in half (FFS) so need to order a new one of those.

Anywhoo - wipers working 100% and got it before it knackered the motor (y)

Few stolen pics from a US car (so mirrored).

l15.jpg

l16.jpg

l20.jpg

l21.jpg

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I mean't AP coilovers!
Ah, thats not as interesting :worried:

As I've posted I might as well input. On a nice big car like that, I'd go springs, instead of coilovers. Keeps more comfort, depending on which ones off course.

Height looked acceptable tho especially after lowering the front, so I'd go for 2 new standard rear

Last edited:

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
well I hated doing the front suspension and the back isn't much better. shocks are handy but the springs are a total mare. Ended up with a pair of new RS4 springs from TPS. The S4 ones were replaced with the RS4 ones so happy days.

you have to:

- remove shock
- remove caliper (or brake hose stretches too much)
- undo camber top arm
- drop subframe on that side

of course the old spring fell out and I though happy days but getting the new one back in was totally crappy. Got it in the end with a lot of levering on the suspension arm while hoping I don't wreck the driveshaft.

Only done one side, will do the other one "sometime".

2016-03-05 09.28.07.jpg
2016-03-05 09.28.32.jpg

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
well I hated doing the front suspension and the back isn't much better. shocks are handy but the springs are a total mare. Ended up with a pair of new RS4 springs from TPS. The S4 ones were replaced with the RS4 ones so happy days.

you have to:

- remove shock
- remove caliper (or brake hose stretches too much)
- undo camber top arm
- drop subframe on that side

of course the old spring fell out and I though happy days but getting the new one back in was totally crappy. Got it in the end with a lot of levering on the suspension arm while hoping I don't wreck the driveshaft.

Only done one side, will do the other one "sometime".

View attachment 107473 View attachment 107474
I'm looking at lowering springs for mine. I think I'll just live with the height for now.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
If you have the right tool its super easy as it compresses the spring from the side. swish it down and pop it out, replace. Prob take 20 mins a side with it.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
- sticking wiper mechanism
- broken spring

these things come in 3s - remote fob stopped working

Tried the obvious things, repaired to the car, checked CCM for water damage, disconnected battery etc but no joy. No codes on VCDS. light flashes on the fob so its not dead and put a new battery in just in case. I have a spare key but it never worked even with a new battery so not much use to me.

can still lock/unlock and drive the car but no RCL :worried:

what fun lol.

Tommy

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo
Might be something to do with the wiring in the door (multi plug) check to see if there is any corrosion.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
will check it out but car detects door opening ok and the central locking works from the button on the inside of the drivers door.

confused, could be a car issue or a fob issue. I think you can use VCDS to test the fob but they won't work that well if the receiver is busted!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.