2008 BMW E60 520D - Space Grey LCI Model - Even More New Wheels On Post #131

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
Thoughts on these wheels?

Style 128.jpg

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
Went tonight and looked at a set but turned out they were crappy reps. 8J Front 9J Rear. So will be trying to source a set of genuine ones this week and get a decent low profile tyre fitted to get the big lady sitting properly. I already have 15mm Hubcentric spacers sitting so will use those if needed!

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
The ones in the top picture are 20's I think, hence the massive concave.

I couldn't find them in 20's, there were some genuine 21" ones online from an X3 or something though? Currently I have the 20" on and the car sits too high off the ground for my liking, which is why I'd like 19" and a good drop to the ground, as its sitting nicely in the arches with the 20" but too far off the ground!

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
Sooooo.....

520 128.jpg

IMO they need spaced out (I have the 15mm Hubcentrics) all around, and a thinner tyre for the front. Currently running a 245/35/19 but would go with a 225/35 or even a 215/35 to be able to lower it proper and play about with it, as they're a fairly wide offset as it is, so cant space it out too much with a chunky tyre on the front. 245/35 on the rear and 215/35 up front will probably be good enough. Cant decide if I like them or not though lol

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Im not sure I like them any more at all :oops: They're quite a weird colour contrast to the colour of the car in some way ... Just doesn't look right to me :confounded:

Open to more wheel suggestions ....... :sob:

Do you own an alloy wheel warehouse ? Lol. How do you manage to change them so often without loosing your shirt!?!

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
Do you own an alloy wheel warehouse ? Lol. How do you manage to change them so often without loosing your shirt!?!

Lol nope no wheel warehouse here! Ahhh pass, I just have nothing else to waste my money on, excep just purchasing a house so have to be a tad more sensible soon lol

Not consider 20s? They make an e60 IMO.

In what wheel mate? The OEMS Stance 6 (IFG3) I had on before those Style 128's are / were 20".. putting them back on tomorrow morning until I find something else lol

jp112

RMS Regular
Drives
Exeo
I really like the vossen reps you had on, defo the best wheels you have had on!

colin84

RMS Regular
You've had more wheels lately than Auto Alloys lol.

Not keen on the new rims tbh, I think it will be hard to beat the last set you had on.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
What that is, is a BMW M5 not a 520. Please please do not go down the road of trying to turn a car into something it can never be.

Wheel wise, yes nice. CSL style is always going to be hard to top.

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
What that is, is a BMW M5 not a 520. Please please do not go down the road of trying to turn a car into something it can never be.

Wheel wise, yes nice. CSL style is always going to be hard to top.

I know its an M5 @chris_b lol, I was using the picture of the car as an example of a Grey E60 with those wheels for opinions, I'm not about to start an M5 body conversion on a 177bhp 2 litre diesel lol

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
surely there is a wheel out there that nobody has put on here yet that works, big spokes dont work on the 5, needs to be multiple from what i see on google images

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.