2008 Space Grey M3

2.2_Coupe

RMS Regular
Drives
Rotary Rocket RX
Test pipes landed - as per Evolve's video, the Tegiwa's dont come with Donuts.

A little googling later found the missing OE parts:
Gasket ring 11627830668

I found them on BMWs eBay store, at:

just in case anyone else buys the Tegiwa kit, and needs the donuts

dempster__

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 M3
Test pipes landed - as per Evolve's video, the Tegiwa's dont come with Donuts.

A little googling later found the missing OE parts:
Gasket ring 11627830668

I found them on BMWs eBay store, at:

just in case anyone else buys the Tegiwa kit, and needs the donuts
I was looking at doing the test pipes but do you have to cut the primary cats out and weld the test pipes on in place?

Gemma

RMS Regular
Yes you've to cut your cats out but the way the evolve pipes are they should slide on and stay on,
I heard teiwga pipes needed modified to go on that's why I went with evolve.

2.2_Coupe

RMS Regular
Drives
Rotary Rocket RX
I was looking at doing the test pipes but do you have to cut the primary cats out and weld the test pipes on in place?
Yeah the primarys get cut just as they taper to the straight, then these sleeve over. Can always be reversed handy enough, though I'll probably leave this system alone, get an Amuse Ericsson clone race system, and fit 200cpi cats to it

This pic shows it fairly well

Last edited:

2.2_Coupe

RMS Regular
Drives
Rotary Rocket RX
Having been to Cars & Coffee at the weekend, what im really here to do is ask that you talk me out of putting a carbon bootlid and bonnet on the car.

I took a real fancy to a CSL style boot, and the bonnet and bootlid are in my eyes, the worst condition parts on my car.
This photo I found didn't help either, but then as I looked closer at the boot shutlines, I think I'll be making the car less classy and more ratchet.
The fact I have those wheels sitting alrady from the Z4 doesnt help.

What I really want talked into, is buying the plenum this month, and maybe the lower skirt extensions, so I still get more carbon, but it's not radio rental.
I figure it would tie the front splitter I have in now, a bit more.

Anyone ran/running these skirts? Are they a dirt trap?

This would leave change for a carbon plenum, which would unleash the sound im after:

2.2_Coupe

RMS Regular
Drives
Rotary Rocket RX
Diffusers:

Im thinking narrow:

but then will I regret not going all out:

Never had it as tough picking parts with a car before. So many nice options!

2.2_Coupe

RMS Regular
Drives
Rotary Rocket RX
Narrow Diffuser landed!

The weather was trunks yesterday, so I gathered my new ramps up, and set off for Russells unit, to fit them and do a bit of maintenance

I'm not happy with how the M Performance pipes now sit, so I think I'll get them extended flush with the diffuser to reveal their full glory.

Otherwise, I'd been gathering up maintenance parts this past few weeks, and had gathered

10L Mobil 1 10w60
2x Ceratec treatments
3L 75w Liquimoly Gearbag oil
2L 75w140 Synthetic Diffffffff oil

So out came the filter, which pleasingly appeared to have been fitted pretty recently, and upon cutting it open and unfurling it, appeared to have no debris. Bonus.
I cleaned out the filter reservoir with a syphon, and cleaned in and around it, before pouring some new oil in, and priming the filter.
Got her filled up with Ceratec and Mobil 1, checked the levels, and thankfully all was well.
The engine mounts are holding up well, with a good gap between sump and subframe - I suspect they may have been done at some stage, or are just waiting to fail!

Next up. Gearbag.
A fair few seized fasteners on the undertray, but nothing the drill wouldnt sort. Always tentative undoing the fill plug on a car youve not worked on before, also given that I think theyre aluminium, but thankfully out it came with little fight.

Then the gates of hell unleashed.
I can still smell it today.

Definately been in there for life, it came out like black ashy-water, and absolutely rancid to boot.

Filling was handy enough, with Russell priming the pump and handing it to me under the car, using the cat to hold the pump for leverage.

Diff next, its a little crusty but ill spend some time in the spring cleaning the housing down, and generally cleaning the underside.

Russell then fired it on Carly, and thankfully it held no bad codes, other than from the bumper being resprayed, when the car was ran without lights, and also the speed sensors, which appear to have been recently replaced. Otherwise we just did a bit of coding to get things like the wiper count post spray, reduced, as the tendancy to dry wipe irratated me.

Next up comes the primary cat delete, which I'll hopefully sort in the next week or two. Then over to Scotland in late spring to get the Rod bearings done.