2010 Jaguar XFR

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Ok. What would you buy if you wanted something quiet and fast?

I though my diesel jag was sharp enough to be fair with over 300bhp, you wouldnt have called it 'not fast'. It was the quietness that I couldnt hack (and now I drive a completely silent car :worried: )

Last edited:

moglie

RMS Regular
That does sound fantastic Chris! Lovely car and I've no doubt the first person with genuine interest will snap it up.

As you said it's a victim of its own exclusivity as most people with circa £20k to spend on a fast, well rounded saloon/coupe automatically look towards an M3, Merc, Audi RS and I dare say the Jags are overlooked or indeed not factored into their short list.

I think with the Jag it's a matter of pricing it competitively and waiting for the right buyer to come along mate.

Thanks for the shout out @Peadar. Appreciate that lad.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Agreed ...

I think at £19,995 it's priced well ... alot of car for sub 20k.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
If it was in England I’d say it would be gone by now, unfortunately a lot of English dont like to make the journey over here. In saying that most of the stuff I’ve sold over the last lot of years has went back to England, sometimes it just took a while but like you say your in no hurry which is good.

catchagrip

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I've had three different people say it sounds like a Koenigsegg when its up the revs ... so ill take that as a big compliment :grinning:[/QUOTE]

A Koenigsegg now that did make me laugh

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Köenigsegg is a 4.7L V8 twin supercharged, the jag is a 5.0L V8 supercharged. I haven’t heard either in the metal but given the similarities in engine types I’m sure the sound isn’t a million miles apart, regardless of how much the cars cost or what bhp they have.

Last edited:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Wouldn't even entertain this guy Burt ...

Jag sounds great and people's comparisons to other cars could be exaggeration or a genuine opinion but if it gives this sad act a few laughs then let him chuckle away.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
giphy.gif

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Seems the old saying ‘if you can’t say something nice....’ is suitable here.

Seriously how sad must your own life be to comment on other people thread in a purely negative manner lol.

Glwts Chris looks a great car. Just needs right buyer.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
The only sad act is when you have to put a video clip of your cars exhaust note on your sale advert to help try and sell it, but good luck with the sale.

Honestly mate **** off, you have brought nothing to this conversation. Theres bound to be a Facebook group you can troll instead of ‘The RMS’.

Good luck with the sale Chris the car is lovely and I agree the exhaust is awesome.

Typical Northern Ireland problem if it won’t run on red diesel nobody wants it or just wants a test run in it with no notion of buying. If it were an R kitted diesel you would have had numerous offers.

Hopefully you get her shifted soon

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Cheers guys, I have a feeling I shot myself in the foot with the first advert as id priced it quite high for a private sale.

The current price is very realistic so heres hoping it catches someones eye.

Chris

Dave..

RMS Regular
Cheers guys, I have a feeling I shot myself in the foot with the first advert as id priced it quite high for a private sale.

The current price is very realistic so heres hoping it catches someones eye.

Chris
Where is the car advertised Chris?
Make sure the advert is `keyword rich` as it will help it get picked up by Google etc.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Where is the car advertised Chris?
Make sure the advert is `keyword rich` as it will help it get picked up by Google etc.

Autotrader, Pistonheads, Jag Owners Club and various other forums I'm a member on.

Im hoping its keyword rich but ill maybe need to review it again.

Have you a video of it on the move? I'd love to hear it at full tilt...get one made for the rms

Few pages back I think, Carson and Cro took some for me however it was hard to make out how nice exhaust actually is on full chat.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Autotrader, Pistonheads, Jag Owners Club and various other forums I'm a member on.

Im hoping its keyword rich but ill maybe need to review it again.

Few pages back I think, Carson and Cro took some for me however it was hard to make out how nice exhaust actually is on full chat.
My opinion, the pic of the vehicle documents is too small and hard to see what there are for, the wrinkled papers I would iron so they look perfect - some will say this is ott but who cares.
My 2p.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.