2012 Subaru WRX STi 2.5 Type UK AWD

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
Fab machine! Amazingly clean for its age. Well cared for car that looks to have been loved all its life.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Love those seats!
Look forward to seeing it when you get your wee touches added dude.

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Very nice! It's going to look great with the wheels done!

Your wifes done well out of the deal too! lol

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Very nice! It's going to look great with the wheels done!

Your wifes done well out of the deal too! lol

Aye it's a good spec too the golf

3 door, silver white, dsg, pretorias, 10k a year and maintained ... ill enjoy driving it too as she works from home alot these days so it's all good.

Lee

RMS Regular
Nice motor! What about them Advans for sale would they fit? Would look the ticket.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Nice motor! What about them Advans for sale would they fit? Would look the ticket.

Probably could fit but offsets and size is way off for this car. Needs to have 18s for a more rally esque look.

Lee

RMS Regular
I think even gunmetal would look so much better than gloss black on the wheels. But its all personal preference. Health to drive (y)

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
I think even gunmetal would look so much better than gloss black on the wheels. But its all personal preference. Health to drive (y)

To be fair I'll probably change the wheels to hyper silver again at some point down the line.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
I got a blast out in this yesterday lunch time.

That's one clean car, that will only get better. It's a very mean, pumped up, bull dog style car... actually made my own old one look a little subtle (not many cars would do that). It's a much more refined car than my old one too, but that makes it a better daily companion. A much more modern interior and supportive seats too. She doesn't hang about either.

The only bad news is Chris didn't buy lunch!

Normski

RMS Regular
Drives
987 BoxsterS
Lovely buddy, always still have an itch for a pearl white saloon but can't part with the current scoobster.

Enjoy! Defo need a wee nosey, we'll get something arranged!

Gambit

RMS Regular

That's one clean car, that will only get better. It's a very mean, pumped up, bull dog style car... actually made my own old one look a little subtle (not many cars would do that). It's a much more refined car than my old one too, but that makes it a better daily companion. A much more modern interior and supportive seats too. She doesn't hang about either.

:eek: does this mean ill see it floating about Dargan. @ChrisL you based up here also?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)

Im not on the same money as you ;), plus fuel is priority these days!

:eek: does this mean ill see it floating about Dargan. @ChrisL you based up here also?

We arent there anymore mate, we moved to the big Capita building at Newtownabbey. But could maybe swing by some lunch time for a nosey round your motor.

Gambit

RMS Regular
yeah should defo swing by some lunchtime for a nosey, i'm out of office this week but back in from next week onwards. I work with @bludgod /Pete Simmons/Subaru mapper, so he'll be able to plug it in for you and tell you what map it is your car is running if your curious!

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
yeah should defo swing by some lunchtime for a nosey, i'm out of office this week but back in from next week onwards. I work with @bludgod /Pete Simmons/Subaru mapper, so he'll be able to plug it in for you and tell you what map it is your car is running if your curious!

That would be great yes, it could well be running a stock map but it just feels very sharp, especially in sport# mode. But then again I was driving a c3 for 3 months lol

Neil_M

RMS Regular

Thats well worth doing @ChrisL they done exactly the same for me. Good piece of mind.

bludgod

RMS Regular
Drives
STI
looks like a nice bus! yeah pop past some time we'll get it plugged in and see what's what, the S# pedal sensitivity is pretty high so even at standard power the car feels like it has a lot more get up and go - only because it's like driving round with the pedal pressed an extra 15% :laughing:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
looks like a nice bus! yeah pop past some time we'll get it plugged in and see what's what, the S# pedal sensitivity is pretty high so even at standard power the car feels like it has a lot more get up and go - only because it's like driving round with the pedal pressed an extra 15% :laughing:

That makes sense then, could well be running standard map after all. Feels great though when its in the sport sharp. Rarely use sport and never use intelligent lol

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Here's what has been or will be added in the next week ....

• New STI Spoiler
  • Godspeed front G Hook Discs
  • Godspeed Kevlar Pads
  • Brembo Discs and Pads at rear
  • Pink HEL Brake Lines
  • Pink STI grill and boot badges

Mod wise however
  • Invidia N1 Cat back Exhaust
  • HT Autos full bottomline kit
  • Tein S Tech Lowering Springs
  • Direnza Spacers front and rear 15mm/25mm
Looking forward to getting it to Pete's charity coffee morning.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
I read somewhere online that they used to make the lip kits for Subaru UK and then lost the contract...apparently their stuff fits better than the new oem stuff from Subaru lol

I was really pleased with the quality. Although had to go to Japan Subaru for the new spoiler.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I love these, a proper drivers car, very agricultural compared to the 'modern' all-wheel-drive turbocharged stuff...

I am due to have a Final Edition model with me for a week soon, cannot wait!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.