2014 Navigation Rally Championship, supported by McGrady Insurance.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Just over a week to go now until the Newry MC Circuit of Down Navigation Rally on Friday 19th September. If you are planning to enter please get your entry form in the post as soon as possible.
Regs: http://www.anicc.org.uk/Resources/Documents/20140919_NDMC_CircuitOfDown_Regulations.pdf
Entry Form: http://www.anicc.org.uk/Resources/Documents/20140919_NDMC_CircuitOfDown_EntryForm.pdf

We have a few experienced drivers available to take out new (or experienced) navigators if anyone wants to join in the nights craic.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
First set of points for the Winter Challenge. It will run over the final 4 rounds of the year, with automatic registration so everyone is included and a crew from any class can win.

crautos

RMS Regular
Drives
e60
So far there's only 5 or 6 entries for newry so don't hold back come on get the entries in best nights crack you'll have no regrets

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Hopefully it goes ahead, over 20 crews out last week, where are they at, NI isn't that big that you can't travel to all events! We have our entry in and hopefully a few more come in over the next few days.

crautos

RMS Regular
Drives
e60
Won't get mine in till I'm home on Monday but fingers crossed haven't been out in years

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Newry MC are going to make a decision on the rally tonight. If you haven't got your entry in yet then please make contact with David McElroy today to let him know you will be doing the rally. David McElroy 07917 191587.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
No news yet. They are waiting to see if any arrive in the post today. It's not looking great so if you know anyone who you can talk into coming out get them to ring Davy McElroy.

peespeed

RMS Regular
announcement went up on Facebook earlier

Newry and District Motor Club has unfortunately had to make the decision to cancel this years Circuit of Down Night Navigation Rally on Friday 19th September.

Only seven entries have been received by today (Tuesday).
Events cannot run without competitors and promises of entries are not enough to secure the running of an event.
David McElroyhad put a huge amount of effort into ensuring competitors had an excellent night of competition. We would like to thank him for his commitment.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
David rang me earlier to thank us for our entry which was extremely good of him. Very disappointing for all involved given the efforts that go into an event. Really don't understand why more people don't want to get involved in the sport.

On the upside I'm pretty sure it has now meant that we have won class 3 due to only 2 events left to run but I'd rather have won it with a good result on Friday night.

mightymetro

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 320D, 91 MX5
Has the Cookstown Targa the next day impacted on the entry? Really disappointed this was cancelled, Dungannon was our first outing in a while and had whet the appetite a fair bit.

Onwards to the Orchard, hope it runs.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
It's hard to know. The nav crews that I know do Targa rallies had all entered the Circuit of Down. The Henderson's, the Hawe's, the Campbell's, myself, and you had also intended to enter.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Has the Cookstown Targa the next day impacted on the entry? Really disappointed this was cancelled, Dungannon was our first outing in a while and had whet the appetite a fair bit.

Onwards to the Orchard, hope it runs.

Was this not "Super Saturday" that @RComms would refer to?

EDIT: Kerry just reminded me that was the Larne Lanes/Firecracker duo

mightymetro

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 320D, 91 MX5
Our entry for the Orchard is (or should be) in.

Think we're night nav only for a while - no more Lanes until we get the handbrake sorted. 3 & 5 point turns on the hairpins on the Armagh targa earlier in the year wasn't pretty.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
Our entry for the Orchard is (or should be) in.

Think we're night nav only for a while - no more Lanes until we get the handbrake sorted. 3 & 5 point turns on the hairpins on the Armagh targa earlier in the year wasn't pretty.

If you think its painful having to 3 point turn a metro, you should try it in a 306 with the right hand turning circle of the Exxon Valdez :laughing:

mightymetro

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 320D, 91 MX5
I would have though it wouldn't take you fellas very long to sorted out a handbrake. Have you got a hydraulic handbrake in it? Are you drums or disks on the back?

Brakes all round wouldn't be terrific. We plumbed in a hydro (has to be a twin master cylinder setup) and thought we were being pretty cute rigging it up to be driven off the original pivot so as to comply fully with the regs, but the slack in the h/b master cylinder mechanism soaked up a lot of pressure from the normal brakes and left the car a liability generally. Reckon the standard metro master cylinder just isn't big enough, so took the hydro back out again. And the normal h/b is just baked, she's on drums but I think (Phil will correct me as handbrake adjustment guru) that it just falls out of adjustment after only a small bit of use. At some stage there'll be a new master cylinder, and a new h/b cable is a petrol tank out job so we're building up the motivation.

Some of this weekend is being spent rigging a decat so as to unleash a few more horses. Need these night navs to run to justify the effort and ££s...

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Would anyone be interested in coming out to compete on the Orchard Navigation Rally this Friday night?
We only need a couple more crews to ensure the rally runs. North Armagh run a great rally with brilliant roads so you'll have a great nights craic, even if it's your first nav rally, and you do spend a bit of the rally lost.

If you would like to enter please contact Gordon McKeown as soon as you can. His contact details are in the reg:
http://www.anicc.org.uk/Resources/Documents/20141003_NAMC_OrchardRally_Regulations.pdf

We have a free navigator, Stephen McCombe (Class 4), if any driver is having trouble putting a crew together.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Really hope we can get a few more crews together, would be really disappointing to loose this event - as Ciaran says the roads are fantastic and you'll have a ball! Would be a great first event for those that just want to give it a try.

mightymetro

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 320D, 91 MX5
Cancelled. Disappointed personally and feel sorry for the organisers who have to put in a shed load of time up front.

Beginning to think the brother and I are a jinx - no cancellations (that I know of) while we stepped back to build a new car during the rally school season and last year, and now we're back and wanting to compete and 2 cancel in a row.

Can't help thinking that the Targa schedule isn't helping. Cookstown the day after Circuit of Down and now Larne the day after the Orchard.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.