2014 Navigation Rally Championship, supported by McGrady Insurance.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Rallying again tonight up in Cookstown, really looking forward to it. Hope it stays dry or the Nova might force me to head home early, it doesn't like the wet.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Looking forward to it myself, though not feeling 100% today! Couldn't be as wet as Rathfriland that's for sure :grinning: Nice and dry in Ballyclare now after rain earlier, gives rain this evening in Cookstown but hopefully not much.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
If you haven't sent in your entry for this Friday nights (11th April) Omagh MC Bone Shaker Rally please get it posted as soon as possible. If you can make contact with David Vance (02880 757 200) to let him know that your entry is on it's way that would be great too.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Just had David on the phone as he hasn't received ours as yet but it was sent at end of last week so not sure what's going on! We definitely are doing it if it goes ahead, I'm guessing entries must be low....

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Aye a bit too low but I think people have entries in the post so we should hopefully be alright. I hope Cookstown hasn't put people off the sport altogether.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
With the season restarting on 5th September, there is a short season to date review and intro to navigation rallying article in this thursdays Sun newspaper motoring section. @RComms will be appearing in an action shot in one of his many 306's!

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
The McGrady Insurance backed ANICC night navigation rally championship will restart after its summer break on Friday 5thSeptember with Dungannon MC’s Moonraker Rally. The championship is currently led by Leslie Young/Lewis Boyd on 97 points while second and third placed crews Benny Grainger/David Howard and Ciaran Carey/Rachel Muldoon are separated by just one point on 86 and 85 respectively so it is still wide open with four events to go.

A Navigation Rally takes place on open public roads at night. It is a test of the combined skill of the driver and navigator, as they try to plot a route onto a map and then drive that route correctly and within the given time schedule. The routes make use of the fantastic network of quiet country lanes that exist in Northern Ireland, with many events including sections that follow famous roads from our special stage rallies.

The route is not known by the competitors before the event starts. The key points (Time Controls) of the route are given to competitors before the start, with the instructions to enable them to plot the route onto the map not received until they are about to leave the first time control. If the competitor plots and drives the route correctly, they will arrive at the next time control where they will receive the next set of instructions to enable them to make their way to the third time control, and so on. Crews are split into four classes based on navigator ability with instruction difficulty tailored to suit.

The rally is scored by giving penalty marks for being early or late relative to the time schedule at each time control, and at unknown secret locations between time controls. The lowest score at the end wins the rally. Previous competitors include Kenny McKinstry and Kris Meeke (who competed as a navigator), as well as WRC navigators Chris Patterson and Michael Orr, so it is an excellent training ground for future rally stars.

Cars used on the events must all be road legal with a warning triangle being the only additional equipment required. There is no cheaper form of motorsport available!

For event regulations, visit the ANICC website www.anicc.org.uk or the championship facebook page.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Hi Folks,

Please find attached regs for our Moonraker navigation rally 5th September. This will be a dual permit event, NB for classes 1 2 3 with competition licence required 80 Mile route, class 4 will be run as a clubman event, DMC membership only required, 55 mile route.

The navigation for class 4 will be very similar to the 12 car event back in March, i.e very simple instructions, a lot of it given out at the start with help on hand if you need it. I would encourage everyone who competed in the 12 car event to put an entry in for this, and any other beginners come along and take part. Even if you have never competed in this type of event before, if you contact myself or the secretary of the meeting before the event we will tell you what you need and what you will have to do on the night. Any questions get back to me.

Lanes Rally competitors we would also appeal to you guys to come along and have a go at this simple format we had a few lanes competitors out for our 12 car event in March and we would love to see a few more out for this event, you will enjoy it.

Retired navigation rally competitors, any of you guys who haven’t been out for a while come and have a go, navigation will be straightforward for all classes .

Thanks
David White (C.O.C), Dungannon Motor Club

http://www.anicc.org.uk/Resources/Do...sEntryForm.pdf

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
The Dungannon MC Moonraker rally is coming up next Friday, 5th September. There are still entries available but if you intend on competing on the rally please get your entry in asap. As well as sending your entry if you could please contact Colin Hazelton, the secretary for the event, on 07766302445 and let him you will be there that would be brilliant.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Our entry is in. Hope there's enough to run the event!

I hope so too. I've the Nova away getting welded and then a last minute MOT retest next Thursday. Dungannon have brilliant roads, I can't wait to get back out on them. I hope everyone is rustier (metaphorically) than us so we can get a few points closer to the lead of the championship.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Yes I remember the roads from last year and they were brilliant! I hope everyone is a bit rustier for the opposite reason, hoping we can stretch a lead in the class!

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v

starletterry

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne, GT
Moonraker Rally is going ahead!! Entry in for Class 4 in the mighty e30 touring. Hopefully should be a good nites fun and weather doesnt seem to be too bad either :grinning:

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Moonraker Rally is going ahead!! Entry in for Class 4 in the mighty e30 touring. Hopefully should be a good nites fun and weather doesnt seem to be too bad either :grinning:

Good man. I got the Nova through it's MOT retest yesterday so I'm good to go now too. If you have any problems or questions feel free to come and have a chat, we are in a slightly rough around the edges white Nova, number 2 on the entry list.

starletterry

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne, GT
I think we might have spoke a time or two before....did you do Dungannon Lanes Rallies a few times....one you had either lost a gear or two coming near the end and I think it mighten having been revving right out ;)

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Yea I've done Dungannon Lanes but I've been lucky enough that the Nova has never had a mechanical failure, touch wood.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.