2015 MT-09 Tracer

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
@Polobrat666 yeah that’s about the same face I had when I started it!

@big-lew18 I think it might be, the iPhone just does a very good job at not distorting. My R1 has a decat pipe and scorpion cans.... and it’s fairly tame sounding compared to this haha.

My sensible touring bike is no longer sensible that’s for sure!

NotKG

Banned
they burn pillion passengers boots, *** and socks in traffic 8o|
it has happened. and of your lazy rider in traffic, you can lazily let a leg back as a rider and burn your boots too.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Love the sound of a triple :heart:
(Not as much as a twin, but still love it :p )

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
So had it out for a spin yesterday, and damn it is loud. Big time.

The pops, bangs and thuds out of it when you throttle off is just an absolute smile factory.

Makes the R1 sound very tame I must say..... may have to fix that.....

AC

RMS Regular
Looks and sounds great Warren, nice choice!

I took the baffle out of my HP Corse one day on the STR but had to turn around after a few miles to put it back in, was giving me a sore head!

Do you wear plugs?

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
@fabiostar It is, theres power just everywhere, no complaints about it at all, first triple I've owned!

Looks and sounds great Warren, nice choice!

I took the baffle out of my HP Corse one day on the STR but had to turn around after a few miles to put it back in, was giving me a sore head!

Do you wear plugs?

Why thanks! I dont normally wear plugs, If I was to take this on a tour or something the baffle would be going in, but its fantastic for a jaunt up the coast as it is :laughing: It is most certainly not quiet though!

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
Buying this an exhaust was definately a good call. I loved it already but it just adds so much drama to the experience. Still have the baffle our for now, it’s just so loud, and I don’t think I’ve ever heard a bike this dirty when you throttle off, it’s completely over the top and I am just loving it :laughing:

Going to have to stick the baffle back in soon though as I plan to take it to work and I leave the house at 6.30am.... it will not go well with the neighbours.

7A415CEB-E326-4EA3-9433-A0EC22B19DE5.jpeg

FC2C70C8-ABBC-41A2-838E-2B3C265E6B9E.jpeg

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
Went to take the bike out last Sunday and discovered a flat front tyre, which was due to a tiny sharp piece of wood about 8mm long.... must have hit it at just the perfect angle as I’ve never seen that before.

Found out the ABS sensor on this sits just perfecly where one of the paddock stand forks would go.

9B2DEE4E-A33A-4885-B004-91FC21330268.jpeg

So had to come up with an axle stand/tile/tshirt/trolleyjack solution to keep the front off the ground while I’ve the wheel off

8E2FD345-6EB6-4C83-BCF9-C34CDA409102.jpeg

96C89207-FB31-407C-A526-769DF12623AE.jpeg

Have been on the other one all week though instead, after a week of gentle commuting it’s done 144 miles to one tank. Don’t think I’ve seen anything like that in the last 4 years!

F36B1C3D-2A31-4227-8ACF-64FC1835EBBB.jpeg

Not sure what tyre to go for today though, do fancy a more touring oriented tyre, maybe a Bridgestone T31 or the Pirelli Angel GT. Shall find out how much it will hurt the wallet later :laughing:

Thunderace

RMS Regular
Drives
z1000sx
Short video here, the flames and bangs are just spectacular.

@big-lew18 yeah it looks so much tidier, the whole system is so shiny which is why I’ve not had it out today haha

Cracker bike. The exhaust looks and sounds the part. Does she spit the flames with no other modifications? Cheers

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
It does yeah, the pops and bangs out of it when you throttle off are crazy. Probably very abnoxious to most people but it has the inner child in me smiling the whole time lol

Thunderace

RMS Regular
Drives
z1000sx
It does yeah, the pops and bangs out of it when you throttle off are crazy. Probably very abnoxious to most people but it has the inner child in me smiling the whole time lol
Hi warren. Thanks for the reply. I annoy people all the time with my mivv ghibili exhaust. All part of the fun. Can.t make my mind up between an 09 tracer or kwak 1000sx. Whichever on it is will be fitted with a black widow 230mm carbon with blue tip. Lol bike safe

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
I dont think I've upset any of my neighbours yet, but I leave the house at about 6.30 am and roll it down the hill a good bit before I start it :laughing:

Thunderace

RMS Regular
Drives
z1000sx
I dont think I've upset any of my neighbours yet, but I leave the house at about 6.30 am and roll it down the hill a good bit before I start it :laughing:
Hi warren. Lol. I can just pictute it. One of my sons has to do the same where he lives. I am too old to care. Lol

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
I didn’t! Haven’t been shopping for a second one though!

Got myself a nice little bargain tonight :laughing:

0A227207-AD9F-4DB9-883D-027772627E3D.jpeg

Thunderace

RMS Regular
Drives
z1000sx
I didn’t! Haven’t been shopping for a second one though!

Got myself a nice little bargain tonight :laughing:

View attachment 204493
Hi mate. No it would be hard to chose which one to ride. Have.nt come across that brand before . Looks top notch. Will it take a helmet. Check out powerbronze and yambits they do some nice stuff. One of my sons has an mt 07 and he loves it. Very torquy. Sorry can.t spell it lol

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
After randomly selling my car with no real plan for what’s coming next (probably not the greatest idea) the Tracer is now up for daily duties..... so thought this was a good time to fit the box. Easy job, very solid, and it’s still there after it’s first trip to work :grinning:

0EBE7A34-CB0A-4ABC-9414-3148ADD82F48.jpeg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.