2017 Golf GTD 7.5

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Looks great - as said these need very little mods if anything. Kept clean and that's all it needs now!

Mark315

RMS Regular
OP
Mark315
Drives
R
I know what would make this car better..change the headlights and rear tail lights for mine? :laughing:
Haha not a mission! R sounded brilliant leaving us the other day. (y)

Looks great - as said these need very little mods if anything. Kept clean and that's all it needs now!
Yup, you are right! Spacers worked a treat ;)

So @big_pete has talked me into Gtechniq Crystal Serum Black. Can't wait to see the results!

Bigman

RMS Regular
Drives
M516D
Haha not a mission! R sounded brilliant leaving us the other day. (y)

Yup, you are right! Spacers worked a treat ;)

So @big_pete has talked me into Gtechniq Crystal Serum Black. Can't wait to see the results!

Dam was worth a try!! Thanks dude

Mark315

RMS Regular
OP
Mark315
Drives
R
Just collected the car from @big_pete. To say i'm happy is an understatement. It got a new car prep and then finished with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Black. The photos really don't do it justice.

IMG_1105.JPG

IMG_1106.JPG

Mark315

RMS Regular
OP
Mark315
Drives
R
Was hoping to have the car mapped last week, however Revo haven't got the stock file for the 7.5 GTD yet so no software available. :weary_face: Hopefully wont be waiting too long. It should see 235hp and 380lbft so good healthy results.

Decided to keep the 19s as they have really grown on me, so gave them and the hubs a coat of Gtechniq C5 to prevent dirt build up. Really impressed with the C5.

IMG_1610.JPG

Have a couple of retrofits planned, things like the Dynaudio Subwoofer and Reversing Camera. Pentagon also had a visit ;)

Few pics from Titanic Dubs.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Pretty happy with its road presence now (y)

Cheers!

Last edited:

Mark315

RMS Regular
OP
Mark315
Drives
R
Got the car de-wipered today...really freshens the back end up. Cheers to @BBSBOY for coding the rear wiper off. Can't see much more in the way of exterior mods bar perhaps a boot lip spoiler. Really impressed with the Crystal Serum Black, makes maintaining it so simple.

IMG_2264.JPG

IMG_2290.JPG

IMG_2296.JPG

IMG_x2356.JPG

Cheers

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Looks great. Still the only 7.5 so far I’ve liked.

I'm with you @Lyons on the 7.5. Personally I think they've made them all to similar (GTi, GTD, R) and it's actually hard to tell what it is at a glance.

@mark315 has done a great job with this, the subtle mods making it look 'cleaner' or something. Can't put my finger on it but it different enough to be cool (in my books).

Last edited:

Mark315

RMS Regular
OP
Mark315
Drives
R
Cheers folks, car seems to get quite a lot of attention...strange for a diesel golf!!

@jonny_w, you should get the alarm beep activated. It’s a cool touch (y)

I'm with you @Lyons on the 7.5. Personally I think they've made them all to similar (GTi, GTD, R) and it's actually hard to tell what it is at a glance.

@jonny_w has done a great job with this, the subtle mods making it look 'cleaner' or something. Can't put my finger on it but it different enough to be cool (in my books).

Personally I think the 7.5 GTI/GTD looks more aggresive than the 7.5R...they have made it less aggressive I think compared to the 7R.

Do you mean mine or Jonny’s? Don’t think Jonny has any mods on his (yet)

Mark315

RMS Regular
OP
Mark315
Drives
R
How are you finding it in general? Seariously tempted by a grey 7.5 gtd at the minute
Perfect all round car. Goes superb, build quality is brilliant and fully loaded with spec. Welcome to a look around it sometime if you want.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Cheers folks, car seems to get quite a lot of attention...strange for a diesel golf!!

Personally I think the 7.5 GTI/GTD looks more aggresive than the 7.5R...they have made it less aggressive I think compared to the 7R.

My mistake, I meant yours. I've fixed my previous post. The loss of the proper side skirts really hurt the look of the R in my opinion.

Last edited:

Mark315

RMS Regular
OP
Mark315
Drives
R
@Paddy_R No worries!
I know what you mean though, looking back to photos when I first got it, it just needs the most subtle mods to complete it.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular

@jonny_w, you should get the alarm beep activated. It’s a cool touch (y)

I need someone to do it for me Mark.

Nope no mods, joys of 3 kids lol and the reason for the GTD was I loved how it sits from the showroom except the wheels. If anything it will get a box and possibly spacers.

Mark315

RMS Regular
OP
Mark315
Drives
R
I need someone to do it for me Mark.

Nope no mods, joys of 3 kids lol and the reason for the GTD was I loved how it sits from the showroom except the wheels. If anything it will get a box and possibly spacers.
Ask @BBSBOY very nicely. I’ve a few things activated.

Alarm beep
Rear DRLs
Sunroof auto closing if it rains