OP
MarkM
@Enda
5E0671F0-FE2A-4A0C-85AF-79FC0EA6FA05.jpeg

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
I like that! Someone did it on cutters ages ago (can’t remember who but I think it was on an Austin yellow car) and I thought it looked terrible but that really works! How does it look from further back versus the slope/shape of the lights (no need to take a picture of it!)

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
Found one on a grey car. I’m sold!

This was the one I was on about that I didn’t like but it was a M2 badge rather than M5.

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
I like that! Someone did it on cutters ages ago (can’t remember who but I think it was on an Austin yellow car) and I thought it looked terrible but that really works! How does it look from further back versus the slope/shape of the lights (no need to take a picture of it!)

Lol I’m still not sure tbh, sometimes less is more, I’ll leave it alone for a few days and see if it grows on me! At least the M5 one is the right size, that M2 one was terrible lol

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I think it is a nice subtle addition, I like it.

Is it level though? :p (joking!)

J55NI

RMS Regular
Looks great @MarkM , Currently going back and forward trying to decide between M4 coupe, M4 Convertible and F80 M3.. You've had yours a fair while now what's the overall verdict of them? I'm thinking a Comp pack one might be the safest option in any of them also. Pros and cons?

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Looks great @MarkM , Currently going back and forward trying to decide between M4 coupe, M4 Convertible and F80 M3.. You've had yours a fair while now what's the overall verdict of them? I'm thinking a Comp pack one might be the safest option in any of them also. Pros and cons?

Still love mine, the only thing I’d change it for would be an M4 CS! I don’t look at cars online to replace it Which is a first.

I never had any interest in the 4 door, M4 is more special to me, frameless door glass, Carbon boot lid and I just really wanted back into a coupe after years of Evos and an A45.

They’re the perfect blend of a big comfy cruiser and back road blaster, they initially feel big but when you grab it by the scruff on a B road, so capable and no understeer. They make you drive them, just mash the throttle like an Evo and they’ll bite you, hard lol

Mine’s been faultless apart from one of the horns that was changed at service, tax is cheap ~£300 as long as you don’t go newer than April 17 and easy to insure for me anyway. Fuel is early 20s but mine isn’t a daily and is used for fun, others get nearer 30 mpg.

M performance exhaust or similar is an absolute must, changed the character and I also have a flap controller using the BC button on the stalk so can put it into ‘mum in the car’ mode easily and it’s quiet.

F83 I’ve no experience of, imagine it would be fun though, only problems I’ve heard of is drains blocking, panel filling with water and killing the rear window motors so the roof doesn’t work.

For re-sale a comp is the one but if you found the right colour, spec and price a non comp wouldn’t be a deal breaker imo, they were £3k cheaper to buy and that gap has pretty much held over the years.

If I was buying again I’d be looking for one already covered in carbon and preferably an aftermarket or MP exhaust lol

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Only thing I dislike about mine is washing it 8-|

View attachment 281420

Really? I love washing my cars. I certainly wouldn’t complain about washing that.

I can’t decide between an M4 comp or an M2 comp, I think the M4 would be a better cruiser but the M2 would be more fun due to the compact size of it.

Have you experience of both to compare?

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Really? I love washing my cars. I certainly wouldn’t complain about washing that.

I can’t decide between an M4 comp or an M2 comp, I think the M4 would be a better cruiser but the M2 would be more fun due to the compact size of it.

Have you experience of both to compare?

Oh I can’t stand washing stuff! I like standing back and seeing it spotless but the process..... +o(

M2 really isn’t for me, rear is shorter and really not a lot in the weights! Seating position and interior just didn’t make me want it, M4 was absolute love at 1st sight.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Oh I can’t stand washing stuff! I like standing back and seeing it spotless but the process..... +o(

M2 really isn’t for me, rear is shorter and really not a lot in the weights! Seating position and interior just didn’t make me want it, M4 was absolute love at 1st sight.

I'll just have to drive both, I will know straight away then.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Do you not like your tcr surely that’s an equally engaging drive

I really like the TCR, I just don't "love" it. I will probably keep it until the end of the year, likely replacements are an M4, M2 or 718 Cayman.

I had been looking at an M2 to replace my AMG, what put me off was the very old looking interior. I really like my technology and the M2 interior looked very dated, in fact it looked very similar to my E36 M3 I had back in 1999.
I’d rather drive it! :p

I enjoy both, early morning wash and then a good long afternoon drive.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I really like the TCR, I just don't "love" it. I will probably keep it until the end of the year, likely replacements are an M4, M2 or 718 Cayman.

I had been looking at an M2 to replace my AMG, what put me off was the very old looking interior. I really like my technology and the M2 interior looked very dated, in fact it looked very similar to my E36 M3 I had back in 1999.

I enjoy both, early morning wash and then a good long afternoon drive.
I was the same with my R. It was a great car, quick and loads of toys but like yourself I simply liked it but didn't love it.

M car is a totally different experience.