2019 Supra

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5

Ah c'mon now Trev. Did you purposely try and find as bad an image as possible? :joy:

Arguably silver is probably one of the dullest colours, and that's from someone who owns this silver one and would probably rather have an R32 GTR, and of course it's debatable as to whether they've aged well or not, but I still think it's special. Everyone's obvs entitled to their own opinion but I might as well post this pic of mine which at least has been washed and taken with a camera that wasn't also made in the 1990s :kissing_heart:

I know the engine probably takes most of the spotlight, but even today I see people taking a second glance at a 25yr old Toyota. It's slippery, small and has a stupid big spoiler on the back. Surely that's something you don't see too much of these days.....unless it's an MX5 with an ironing board cable-tied to the boot.

6ca803ab-8bcf-437b-b5f6-b465d97d43ac 2.jpeg

Funny, before I owned one I used to think the mk4 was a big car from photos, until I had a proper look round a black one on display at Dubshed of all places.

Whibitz would be a big aftermarket Supra supplier and tuner in England and only just today they posted this pic of their own A90 parked between some modern BMWs. Bit of a fisheye image but still looks small in comparison.

Personally I like that they're small. Bigger means more weight and I think also ties in more with a traditional Japanese mentality for small, 'light' sports cars. I don't know why they'd need to be bigger.

IMG_7099.jpeg

Last edited:

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
The new supra probably doesn't WOW in the same way a new MK4 would have given that the market seems to be flooded with reasonably affordable sports cars when compared to 20+ years ago

But when 90%+ of cars on the roads are hatches or SUVs a small sporty coupe is where my attention will be drawn!

I'd say if they were released with some more outlandish colours they'd be more "special" because to me silver and grey are boring, white is just plain imo, and black while it looks great clean is not shouty enough

Slap on orange, yellow, bright blue or purple and they'd likely attract more attention

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
The new supra probably doesn't WOW in the same way a new MK4 would have given that the market seems to be flooded with reasonably affordable sports cars when compared to 20+ years ago

But when 90%+ of cars on the roads are hatches or SUVs a small sporty coupe is where my attention will be drawn!

I'd say if they were released with some more outlandish colours they'd be more "special" because to me silver and grey are boring, white is just plain imo, and black while it looks great clean is not shouty enough

Slap on orange, yellow, bright blue or purple and they'd likely attract more attention

B594739C-EB2F-48AE-B3B6-69820EAE79AE.jpeg
E578510D-54D4-40E5-96E8-D20787243A98.jpeg

Nope still ***** looking

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Ah c'mon now Trev. Did you purposely try and find as bad an image as possible? :joy:

Arguably silver is probably one of the dullest colours, and that's from someone who owns this silver one and would probably rather have an R32 GTR, and of course it's debatable as to whether they've aged well or not, but I still think it's special. Everyone's obvs entitled to their own opinion but I might as well post this pic of mine which at least has been washed and taken with a camera that wasn't also made in the 1990s :kissing_heart:

I know the engine probably takes most of the spotlight, but even today I see people taking a second glance at a 25yr old Toyota. It's slippery, small and has a stupid big spoiler on the back. Surely that's something you don't see too much of these days.....unless it's an MX5 with an ironing board cable-tied to the boot.

View attachment 284783

Funny, before I owned one I used to think the mk4 was a big car from photos, until I had a proper look round a black one on display at Dubshed of all places.

Whibitz would be a big aftermarket Supra supplier and tuner in England and only just today they posted this pic of their own A90 parked between some modern BMWs. Bit of a fisheye image but still looks small in comparison.

Personally I like that they're small. Bigger means more weight and I think also ties in more with a traditional Japanese mentality for small, 'light' sports cars. I don't know why they'd need to be bigger.

View attachment 284785
Hard to get a picture of a completely standard mk4 supra lol
Of course they turn heads now because they are a rare sight and are sought after like most older jap stuff. The earliest ones now 27 years old?
They need modified just like the previous models
C2261C13-3152-4A28-932B-4EC596457C2B.jpeg

B4E3DEFB-2605-4DBD-8899-70476B39E244.jpeg

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
I love them, think they look brilliant. And standard ones are now coming with 385bhp from factory up from 340bhp.

If they drop more I'd love one in the future. Springs, TE37s, downpipe and a map and your laughing.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I love them, think they look brilliant. And standard ones are now coming with 385bhp from factory up from 340bhp.

If they drop more I'd love one in the future. Springs, TE37s, downpipe and a map and everyone is still laughing at you.

fixed that for you.

MarkM

RMS Regular

View attachment 284783

View attachment 284785

it may be small, but it’s certainly not light, 1570kg

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
The MK4 Supra, whilst I loved mine, was a boring, boring car to drive. Just no fun about it, once you get over doing burnouts and straight-line speed.

I'd say the new one is a much better drivers car by the looks of the reviews.

Jaystar77

RMS Regular
East County Down, Loaded up and Truckin'...
Drives
Starlet GT Turbo
Had a look round a grey one in Hursts showroom. It's very nice for what it is but the name deserves better. Even so, if you are going to borrow parts for your sports car there's worse than BMW to partner with!

Should have tagged it a 2000GT to avoid all the drama:

1593112734185.png

But then again drama makes advertising.
Why the 86 never got a turbo I will never know

The next GT86 will be turbocharged apparently 🙂

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
I'm pretty sure it's confirmed that the new GT86 isn't being turbo'ed. Bigger engine and more power but staying NA.

steeldevil

RMS Regular
Drives
Lexus IS300h
Annotation 2020-06-26 103252.jpg

Spotted this Supra sitting at Shelbourne's the other day. Very underwhelming, in fact didn't even really notice it until I got out of the car and realised it was parked in front of me.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Saw my first one on the road on Saturday, passed me going in the opposite direction on the Sydenham bypass, so I didn’t get a great look at it but I thought it looked pretty good, it suited the gunmetal colour.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I actually think the navy one looks well- dark colours hide the ugly details.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I'd seriously consider one of these when I come to replacing the E class coupe. Think they need a big spoiler though there are options for that now (Street hunter spoiler is my favourite). Red or grey for me.