2019 Supra

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
The Heritage edition, rumour Gazoo racing could release this next year.

Tuned to 500bhp.

I want one, I really want one if they release this.

2020-toyota-supra_100723046 (1).jpg
GR_Supra_Heritage_SEMA_2019_HiRes_04-696x416.jpg
3.jpg
2020-toyota-supra-heritage-edition.jpg

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Would really like to even drive a standard one, always wanted a Cayman but I think one of these could sway me next year

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Just to let folk know, shelbourne portadown have 3 no less! Yellow, blue and grey, nice in the flesh but could have been so much more

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I saw a grey 1 at Ballyhack a few weeks ago, then another blue in Hurst last week. Upon closer inspection I’ve decided it is not a good looking car.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Saw one at the weekend for the first time in person. I've decided I only like them when modified. Standard they sit too high and they need a front lip spoiler to make that bumper look right

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
had a test drive in the grey one; I think the yellow one is currently being used by one of the owners of the company!

the car is pretty sharp and is deceptively quick. Definitely Sport mode is the best driving option once selected.Standard mode the car shifts up gears relatively quickly and for economy reasons

the car feels planted and is pretty agile and the ride is firm but not bone crunching.

driving position in the car is ok but agree with reviews that headroom is not the best for those like me >6ft especially when wearing a helmet.

looks wise I like it and nicer in the flesh so to speak.

its a good car based on the drive I had would certainly need to have more time with it. For me there is way too much German influences on the car but I appreciate the need for joint development on cars like this from Toyota’s perspective however they should never have reused the model name in this way.

also due to costs I would probably look at the used market and sink the sort of monies into something a bit more ‘special’ and agree with most on here that it should have been a bit more special at the price point

Just to let folk know, shelbourne portadown have 3 no less! Yellow, blue and grey, nice in the flesh but could have been so much more

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Yet to see one on the road, I would like a nosey round one and a drive.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Spotted one in the rear view mirror last week on Sydnam Bypass - knew straight away what it was. I headed off towards Knockngoney and it towards Bangor but tbh, side on, wasn't fussed. It was black and just didnt seem to be "WOW"

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Found this pic i took back in June 2016 in Paris of the FT-1 concept...that became the supra, you can see how it looked far more aggressive in FT1 guise before being toned down for Supra launch

View attachment 284713

It's not uncommon for concepts and road versions to be quite different, but I honestly think if they had kept the FT-1 basic proportions the Supra would have so much more presence. It didn't look hugely outlandish for a concept. But then as soon as they signed the deal with BMW to use the Z4 architecture, they were probably hamstrung by those dimensions.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
I actually quite like the look of it, but the overall size and presence just isn't big enough for a Supra. It's a similar size to GT86, whereas it should be more like say a Mustang.

Oh and at least 450bhp!

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Was a standard supra every really a wow car? I think some need to get over the mk4 that has been extensively modified for decades
View attachment 284767View attachment 284768View attachment 284769

When they were out, I would say yes. I had a Mk4 TT6 over a decade ago and I remember being wowed the day I collected it.

Similarly, my old man had a red Celica Supra when I was a kid and it looked to me like a Ferrari at the time. It's easy to look back now having seen so many modified iterations since and not feel they looked that special.
I actually quite like the look of it, but the overall size and presence just isn't big enough for a Supra. It's a similar size to GT86, whereas it should be more like say a Mustang.

Oh and at least 450bhp!

I agree on principle, though I do think the Mk4 Supra has always looked bigger than it actually is. There's not really a whole lot in it dimension wise.

1593088190406.png

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
When they were out, I would say yes. I had a Mk4 TT6 over a decade ago and I remember being wowed the day I collected it.

Similarly, my old man had a red Celica Supra when I was a kid and it looked to me like a Ferrari at the time. It's easy to look back now having seen so many modified iterations since and not feel they looked that special.

I agree on principle, though I do think the Mk4 Supra has always looked bigger than it actually is. There's not really a whole lot in it dimension wise.

View attachment 284773
They were definitely always a nice car, especially with a few mods but back in 93-94 were they a wow look at that car? I’m too young to remember

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S

View attachment 284773

Yes, maybe, but how much has every other car on the road increased in size over the last 20 years? Golf, 3-Series, MINI, etc. So physically it's not much smaller, but relatively it is quite a bit.