2023 MV 750 Crosskart buggy

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
So following this thread where I hired a cross kart............

Now I've gone and bought one 🫣 I intended to buy a cheap one (none of them are actually 'cheap'!!!) but that escalated as it normally does with me.....................

It's a 2023 MV 750cc that can be used in RSA events and the the new Buggy Ireland championship. Haven't driven it yet beyond from the drive into the garage and I've just been setting up my driving position and padding out the Tillet carbon seat which is XL and I'm 75kgs. The buggy has only done a couple of events in a year so it's mint. For those that have never seen these they are FAST, I don't think anything goes faster around Nutts Corner.

DSC_3640.JPG
DSC_3641.JPG
DSC_3642.JPG
DSC_3644.JPG
DSC_3645.JPG
DSC_3643.JPG
DSC_3646.JPG

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I seen those at Aghadowey the day I was out for some passenger laps in a Nova. They are rapid!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Was one drifting Mondello last time I was down in the lashing rain. Got a good video of it passing me absolutely sideways when I was in the Swift. Looks like great craic.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Was one drifting Mondello last time I was down in the lashing rain. Got a good video of it passing me absolutely sideways when I was in the Swift. Looks like great craic.
300kgs is the main reason. Think of a go kart handling, add a sequential gearbox, brilliant suspension and a hydraulic handbrake and that's what they're like. The perfect recipe for a fun 4 wheel vehicle imo

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Put breathers on the oil expansion tank and the fuel cap and bought a longer silencer, up from the 180mm stumpy Arrow as it was ridiculously loud to a 280mm GR. I found that out after a wee drive up and down our lane.

DSC_3689.JPG
DSC_3688.JPG
DSC_3687.JPG

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Off to Caskart yesterday for a few bits.......

Quick shifter with a bang button to pop between gears 😜 childish I know but it can be turned off with the button!!! Doesn't affect the function of the quick shift, just makes it pop or not!!!

Smaller front sprocket

Suspension check over and set up softer damping

Some new front wheels as I need 3 complete sets really, they're out of backs ATM.

DSC_3692.JPG
DSC_3693.JPG
DSC_3694.JPG

Last edited:

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Where do you drive this @mike150 ?
Up to now, up and down my lane and from that I've learnt.......
It's really loud, even with the bigger exhaust
It's really quick
The tyres won't last
The handbrake is great
They're a pig to drive slowly
The quick shifter is ace

I'm entered for Shackleton RSA in Ballykelly on Saturday 🫣

I've put an electric winch in the trailer and it's own battery, it's really incase as I can't move it around on my own safely. I did drive it into the trailer last week but with 30mm of clearance each side that's risky!!!

I've a few more jobs to do on the trailer.

I've ordered an action camera but won't have it in time 😞

Last edited:

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
Up to now, up and down my lane and from that I've learnt.......
It's really loud, even with the bigger exhaust
It's really quick
The tyres won't last
The handbrake is great
They're a pig to drive slowly
The quick shifter is ace

I'm entered for Shackleton RSA in Ballykelly on Saturday 🫣

I've put an electric winch in the trailer and it's own battery, it's really incase as I can't move it around on my own safely. I did drive it into the trailer last week but with 30mm of clearance each side that's risky!!!

I've a few more jobs to do on the trailer.

I've ordered an action camera but won't have it in time 😞
What time does it start ballykelly Saturday

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Too ages today but all packed up and ready to go.

I was putting stop blocks for the front wheels in the trailer, how to strap in the other 2 sets of tyres and figuring out what I'd need and what to put where. Mate lent a pop up Gazebo just incase.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Brilliant day, the track is massive at that old airfield, 4min laps in the buggies. I enjoyed every run more and more as I learnt the track and the buggy.

Finished 26th overall.from 50 buggies.

Couple of wee issues, washer bottle plug had came off and a small oil leak on the catch tank, the level hose (which shouldn't be there and will be removed!) is leaking.

Alot of cleaning and a bit of fiddling tomorrow.

Last edited: