2023 MV 750 Crosskart buggy

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Results are in........23rd out of 29 in Class 14 for 750cc buggies. Gotta do better!

There's one thing, I was the only one using soft compound tyres, everyone uses super soft as they tell me the softs don't work.......at the moment I don't care, I want tyres to last. The guy beside me in the pits put a new set of super soft on in the morning and they where dead by the end of the day........😱

Removed the silly sight level from the catch tank and did some fiddling, lots of fiddling TBH 😆. The shift light wasn't coming on and I knew it was settable, now coming on full bright at 13000.

Ordered more perspex for my side windows as the bit I had that I thought would do wasn't enough, I was getting dirt on the inside of the screen!

Oil change to do and another set of wheels to buy before Nutts Corner in 2 weeks

Long cleaning regime about to start.........

DSC_3713.JPG

Last edited:

zafturbo

RMS Regular
They are bloody rapid around nutts corner .shorter track has the lap times very tight together .Dont worry about tyres just replace every couple runs sure .😂.jokes aside what price is tyres for these now .

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
They are bloody rapid around nutts corner .shorter track has the lap times very tight together .Dont worry about tyres just replace every couple runs sure .😂.jokes aside what price is tyres for these now .
£500 a set

zafturbo

RMS Regular
£500 a set
I was just online looking there and makes it expensive enough having 8-10 sitting about .🤢
They are a total riot though and scare me just watching them .My young lad would love to get into a 600 but it’s not possible for me to even entertain for him .

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Hire one from Caskart and see.........

The tyres are relative, I'm not worried about having the best tyres until I'm out of moves, when I feel there is nothing more I can do, until then 💩 ones will do 😆

zafturbo

RMS Regular
It’s not for happening ,if he gets into one that will be it .nothing will change his mind 😂

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
So following this thread where I hired a cross kart............

Now I've gone and bought one 🫣 I intended to buy a cheap one (none of them are actually 'cheap'!!!) but that escalated as it normally does with me.....................

It's a 2023 MV 750cc that can be used in RSA events and the the new Buggy Ireland championship. Haven't driven it yet beyond from the drive into the garage and I've just been setting up my driving position and padding out the Tillet carbon seat which is XL and I'm 75kgs. The buggy has only done a couple of events in a year so it's mint. For those that have never seen these they are FAST, I don't think anything goes faster around Nutts Corner.

View attachment 424692View attachment 424694View attachment 424693View attachment 424690View attachment 424689View attachment 424691View attachment 424688
🤣 incredible, you buy some crazy stuff Mike, love it! 👏🏻

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
What a class thing to own. Have you got a go pro? Be good craic to record some shenanigans

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
That will be class mate. I have a cheap Amazon faux pro and they’re not too bad
Figured as long as it has image stabilization, it's 4k and ideally has a remote it'll be ok......... fingers crossed.

Oil change done this morning. Motul 300V put in, only the best, all 4l of it! The engine is designed to have 2.6l but due to oil starvation risk as it's in a car the guys run 4l and a catch tank plumbed back to the oil fill point.

Last edited:
Reactions: ALN

John_MK5

RMS Regular
I’ve a load of the new MRF zkc coming now end of April and still developing the slick. Keep in touch if you need anything 👍

IMG_7348.jpeg

IMG_7886.png

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Nutts Corner entered for this Saturday.

New tinted side windows made and fitted, more seat padding fitted for my svelte figure 😆 (really I need a smaller seat but they're a fortune 😬) and some sponsors graphics on.

Got my Amazon £80 Wolfang camera, discoverd it's not that good and bought a new GoPro 10, should have done that in the first place!

Btw if anyone wonders about the pocket with the Haribos it's because I'm a type 1 diabetic, need to have a sugar fix always nearly incase!

DSC_3752.JPG
DSC_3753.JPG
DSC_3754.JPG
DSC_3756.JPG
DSC_3755.JPG

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
that pocket with sweets is a great idea !! hate being held before getting out on track.......... munching a few sweets would defo make it a bit more pleasant !!!

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
So my morning started at Nutts by opening the trailer to find this.........🫣 Few scratches on the buggy bonnet but they'll polish out.

DSC_3769.JPG

Then I got my borrowed gazebo out to find it started to fall apart, going well so far.

Mate arrived, warm the buggy engine up I thought, won't start FFS! Long story I got a new battery and it's all good again but thats goodbye to a track walk and relaxed morning.

First run was on slicks, first time driving on them. Poor in the first few corners and then 😳 grip is unreal.

Then the rain arrived. We got the tyres changed and I quickly found these things are a pig to drive in the wet. I had to work around alot of handling problems.

Got better and quicker as the day went on and I'm not using the best tyres but ones that last. I'll get the best when I think they're my last move.

Btw, did I mention these things are epic to drive 😎

The last run -

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
So I've made a lot of changes since the last race in a big effort to fix the horrendous understeer with the help of Chris at Caskart, suspension, geometry and weight bias. I hate understeer 🤬 Hopefully haven't made too many but a couple are easy to reverse.

I'm for Kirkistown on Saturday for the first Buggy Ireland Championship round with 50 others.

FB_IMG_1711626836185~2.jpg

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
i
So I've made a lot of changes since the last race in a big effort to fix the horrendous understeer with the help of Chris at Caskart, suspension, geometry and weight bias. I hate understeer 🤬 Hopefully haven't made too many but a couple are easy to reverse.

I'm for Kirkistown on Saturday for the first Buggy Ireland Championship round with 50 others.

View attachment 429395
I'll be there for a bit tomorrow morning with the camera, so hopefully it's oversteer city ;)

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
i

I'll be there for a bit tomorrow morning with the camera, so hopefully it's oversteer city ;)
Might be understeer city 😂

If it's dry me and I'd imagine everyone else will be trying to preserve tyres as there are no slicks allowed in the Buggy Ireland rounds.