A few minor changes to the Golf

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
Added a GTI grill and swapped the interior for a GTI one, just need to change the steering wheel. The GTI seats are a bit more supportive but unfortunately not as mint as my old interior :worried:

golfgrill.jpg

golfint.jpg

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Like the no smoking sticker :p

More a fan of single headlight grille but looks well all the same. GTi seat are lovely seats I think, very similar to the Recaros in my E30, nice and supportive.

Looks well, nice one :grinning:

Gman

RMS Regular
Drives
Octavia and E39
The GTi seats are damn comfy but do prefer the single lamp grill on a small bumper Golf.

Dated?! - Thats the whole apeal of them. Love them to bits-would have another.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Just saw the original grill in your Garage. Definitely prefer it, not a fan of the double lamp at all.

Whens it being lowered?

sexxxo-vtr

Drives
330ci sport
i love old skool golfs get the big bumpers n gti arches!i think i prefer the single light grill too the badgeless 1!still beaut looki all the same very clean lookin motor!

wingnut

OP
wingnut
Drives
S2 Coupe
Driving at night is awesome with the extra two lamps, lights the whole road right up you can see everything.

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
wingnut said:
Driving at night is awesome with the extra two lamps, lights the whole road right up you can see everything.

Even with the extra spotlights they're still rubbish compared to other cars. Uprated wiring loom sorts it out. I'm driving with single headlights at the mo and they're terrible

wingnut

OP
wingnut
Drives
S2 Coupe
mk2s will never age, loved them when I was about 12, still love them (maybe more) now. Never really thought much of Saxos.;)

wingnut

OP
wingnut
Drives
S2 Coupe
Well that one has 39k on the clocks, probably less miles than most cars on here. Should be safe enough for another few miles I hope.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
VTS Lad said:
Because some just get far too old and dated and generally un safe

oh dear. away and paint something on your wee french bean can.

Marc

RMS Moderator
looks much better with the rims on it!! not sure on the 4 lights at the front tho :grinning:

eamon343

RMS Regular
Cant beat modded 1300's. She looks good man. Mine has 150,300 miles and still going strong so i think youll get another couple of years from her. Dont build them like they used to.

VTS Lad said:
Because some just get far too old and dated and generally un safe

So cars that are over 15 years old should be taking off the road?? Personally i fell safer in my mk2 than in my sisters 206. You might be a fan off little french hatchbacks but others are fans of old Vws, who gives a feck??

eamon343

RMS Regular
Gambit said:
looks the part. the mk2's are terribly hard to work on aint they!!

You serious?? Im not the greatest but i find my mk2 pretty easy to tinker with. Maybe KIW is a bit special! eh CalibraKid??

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.