A few minor changes to the Golf

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

CalibraKid

RMS Member
Drives
E46 320d/ VTI Lu
eamon343 said:
You serious?? Im not the greatest but i find my mk2 pretty easy to tinker with. Maybe KIW is a bit special! eh CalibraKid??

It sure is lad! Take care of her! ;)

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
wee cars looking well. what year is it 92?

Ive Crystal Clear small bumper indicators for sale if ur interested?

Gambit

RMS Regular
VTS Lad said:
Because some just get far too old and dated and generally un safe

unsafe? thats what MOT's are for. although if someone in a more modern car crashes into you. yeah for sure you'll be at a disadvantage as the golf will be weaker. but thats just progression in car manufacturing

too old & dated - the fact that they are still driving around today shows you just how well built a car they where/are - there isnt many cars that are over 15yr old that are common site on NI roads.

if you parked a vts saxo & a golf 16v side by side on a street i will guarantee that the golf gets more attention. and im not just being biased cause i own one!

VWChrisMk2

RMS Regular
Drives
MK2 Golf
well, i've had a LOT of experience with the mk2's and a fair bit with the saxo's, and i can safely say that the golf is one of the easist cars to work on in the world, not many cars even today are as practical, fast or desirable..
i've raced vts's before, and there nothing in it, thing is, i'm still doing 40 to the gallon, and could take 5 ppl very comfortably + a few dead bodies in the boot.....
also, parts for the golf are cheap as chips, as i could re panel the whole car for £200
and when its lowered 70mm, it still doesnt rub the arches, hit ramps etc..

so any further arguements........ up the road! :p
any gti man will say the same

chris

mk1gje

Rite, i'm a vw and ford man and in my opinion i'd rather drive the older models, over about 10yrs old, i feel that they are better built, sturdier on the road, more desirable, and like gambit said not many people walk down the street and stop to look at a clean saxo, where as a clean mk 2 golf most people will stop, admire, and want to 0wn 1.

That is my experience anyway

slinky2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta ST
Gambit said:
if you parked a vts saxo & a golf 16v side by side on a street i will guarantee that the golf gets more attention. and im not just being biased cause i own one!

too right, I'd rather look at a clean golf or any age than a saxo, modified or not, and I even owned a vts!

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Looks great lad, cant beat a nice red mk2.

My advice, dont get any arch extensions at all, just slam it and keep it smooth with soem diamond cut bbs rims (like yours), go for the none big bumper gti look, seems to be the big thing atm in europe.

wingnut

OP
wingnut
Drives
S2 Coupe
I'm after a new set of small bumpers for it just to get it tidier again. Was thinking of those GTI ones with the red beading but since my car's a darker red I'm not sure that that would work. Still undecided about lowering it.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
wingnut said:
I'm after a new set of small bumpers for it just to get it tidier again. Was thinking of those GTI ones with the red beading but since my car's a darker red I'm not sure that that would work. Still undecided about lowering it.

Seriously, it does needs lowered.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.