a-kem automotive

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Here, Rossi do you do a pump for the 25L drums or anything? We aren’t all crossfit monsters!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Peer pressure got the better of me, Hybrid and Lazer bought too (albeit the 500ml of Lazer to get me started). Sounds like it could be a good present for Mrs Lyons.

With the small bottle of Lazer, all you need is about 2 capfuls in a 500ml hand sprayer. That will do for anything from around the kitchen to bike chains. You can put in more of you want, does no harm, but really isn't needed.

Just spray on, and either wipe off or rinse. Rinse with hot water for ultimate effect but cold works too. Use a dish brush for anything stubborn.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Thanks for the speedy delivery, sorry I missed you for a catch up.

CD558AA3-064C-468F-90AC-A40297418FEE.jpeg

I assume the 25L drum goes on it’s side so I’ll need to find a space for it on the shelves?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Does anyone actually use 1:80 though?!

I do, all anyone actually needs 8-|

Got one of those drums back in the early days of this, lord knows how many years ago, it's not even half way through 😅😅😅

And yes, the drum goes on its side. Replace the cap with the tap, put the drum on the side, and punch a small hole at the top of the drum to let air in so it pours smoothly when used.

I just put mine on the bin when I use it and then store it normal way up in the car port.

I know a lot of people got shelves for their drums. Obviously handy if it's used often and you have the space.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
I use about 500ml in my 7L bottle I reckon! 😬

Tbh I'm not sure how much I use, I bung in a bunch of it to my 5l sprayer and go through a full bottle in one car walk round.

Going from your recent touchless wash post, would I be correct in assuming you use lots of articulate to clean with along side a power wash after? No physical soap and mitt etc?

Probably why you go through lots of it 😂

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Bugger, I immediately regret getting a 25L drum 😂

Tbh I'm not sure how much I use, I bung in a bunch of it to my 5l sprayer and go through a full bottle in one car walk round.

Going from your recent touchless wash post, would I be correct in assuming you use lots of articulate to clean with along side a power wash after? No physical soap and mitt etc?

Probably why you go through lots of it 😂

I wouldn’t say I use lots of it? I just cover the car.

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Looking to refresh my cleaning supplies, how has everyone found Trim to last on exterior plastics?

Also, what's the easiest way to measure gleam out of the 2L bottle? The 1L bottle was dead handy for measuring.

Also, what's everyone's thoughts on hydraclean?

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I've only ever used Trim inside the car and it's been fab, but I would have used UltraSlick on the exterior and it worked well too. I've jumped ship to CarPro Perl this week on the back of a recommendation. It works as an all round product and you can dilute it differently, depending on application. Eg 1:1 for engine and tyre dressing, 1:5 for rubbers dash leather and vinyl, 1:3 for external plastics.

For measurements, I bought a load of syringes and long rubber tubing from Amazon and use it as a measuring tool.

Never used HydraClean personally

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Bugger, I immediately regret getting a 25L drum 😂

I wouldn’t say I use lots of it? I just cover the car.
I’ve had my 25ltr drum 3/4 years at least, huge saving over small drums. Still a enough in mine to do most of this year I reckon.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Looking to refresh my cleaning supplies, how has everyone found Trim to last on exterior plastics?

Also, what's the easiest way to measure gleam out of the 2L bottle? The 1L bottle was dead handy for measuring.

Also, what's everyone's thoughts on hydraclean?

I'd been thinking there must be a way to re use the 1L bottles as they're dead handy for measuring etc

Maybe Ross @Big Pimp has some advice wether they're environmentally friendly and re fillable? 🤔

I'd imagine it requires squeezing the bottle and filling the measuring area with excess gleam plus the surrounding area and releasing so it "sucks up" as opposed to squeeze out, but this would probably require a messy procedure and a utensil which isn't too large as to waste lots of product.

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
I've only ever used Trim inside the car and it's been fab, but I would have used UltraSlick on the exterior and it worked well too. I've jumped ship to CarPro Perl this week on the back of a recommendation. It works as an all round product and you can dilute it differently, depending on application. Eg 1:1 for engine and tyre dressing, 1:5 for rubbers dash leather and vinyl, 1:3 for external plastics.

For measurements, I bought a load of syringes and long rubber tubing from Amazon and use it as a measuring tool.

Never used HydraClean personally

I've used Ultraslick on the exterior but it washes off and leaves streaks down the paint. Might need to go for a coating to get the longevity.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I've used Ultraslick on the exterior but it washes off and leaves streaks down the paint. Might need to go for a coating to get the longevity.

All I've need to do on my exterior is the scuttle panel and wiper arms, or dress the mother in laws Mini. Never thought of it running onto paint.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Hey guys.

1lt bottles aren’t reusable unfortunately. If you look into the chamber you’ll see a wee plug. When it’s in it doesn’t come back out again.

For 2L sizes I just fill a capful as it’s ~20ml

I am looking at adding pelican pumps for the 2L containers too though.

HydraClean is a glass cleaner first and foremost and it has excellent hydrophobic capabilities

Where regular glass sealants need to go on and haze and cure and you need to put them on in concentric circles, with HydraClean you have none of the faff.

Spray on, buff off. Job is jobbed

Trim is fine for an exterior dressing but will lack any real durability. Same as ultraslick or ultrasheen - they’ll be fine until you need to wash them off, however if you’re getting runs onto the bodywork you’re likely using too much and not buffing off any residues.