a-kem automotive

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Ross, I think my Ultrafoam is broken πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

View attachment 273070

Yep, definitely broken πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Had to wash the car again after my lovely neighbour decided to paint her fence right next to my car. To say I was fuming is an understatement, but thank God I got it early enough and it hosed off.

20200413_180156.jpg

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
I have some of your Solapower and its fantastic at taking grime off uPVC window frames (used neat) but it will not take off the black residue left when I wiped down the seals and the black water ran down the frames. Doesn't budge it at all! Any suggestions?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, Lazer should do it.

And no need at all to use any of these products neat! Solapower is like 1:80, and Lazer at the same or so will lift anything including mucky greasy old bike parts.

By all means use neat if it makes you happy but it's just a massive waste of product really.

RolyaT

RMS Regular
Drives
people mad
With ultragloss do you spray it on and rinse off with the hose, or spray on wipe with a drying towel then rinse?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
What scent is best? Going to stick an order in!!
Signature and hybrid are my current choices!
I have some of your Solapower and its fantastic at taking grime off uPVC window frames (used neat) but it will not take off the black residue left when I wiped down the seals and the black water ran down the frames. Doesn't budge it at all! Any suggestions?
have you tried it diluted down? You need a solvent to remover rubber residues and SolaPower has a mild solvent base.
Also if you try it with magic sponges it’ll make a good difference

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Signature and hybrid are my current choices!

have you tried it diluted down? You need a solvent to remover rubber residues and SolaPower has a mild solvent base.
Also if you try it with magic sponges it’ll make a good difference

Tried it diluted, no difference. It still gets the grime off when dilute but about half as quickly. Seeing as I have all the window frames in the house to do, I'd rather just use it neat and get it done in half the time!

Will try a Magic sponge, hopefully that works!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Tried it diluted, no difference. It still gets the grime off when dilute but about half as quickly. Seeing as I have all the window frames in the house to do, I'd rather just use it neat and get it done in half the time!

Will try a Magic sponge, hopefully that works!
i also owe you a bottle of tarminator because it was you who coined the name if you remember!!!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Any suggested chemical resistant spray bottles?
the standard spray bottles are chemical resistant - it is the spray head which needs care

what chemical in particular needs the new heads.

I have an order placed for new bottles and spray heads but they are at least 6 weeks away due to shipping delays
i do have sufficient stock of the current style bottles and heads for the time being however

mikerd4

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S4 Avant
Im in no panic so Ill wait and buy a few when you get the new ones in.

edit:- I didnt see the current ones on your store

subie_andy33

RMS Regular
Drives
ImprezaSTI
Just wanted to comment to say that I had heard loads singing Anachem's praises on here and so ordered snow foam, car shampoo and spray wax. Have only got using the shampoo so far and am extremely impressed! A little went a long way, the smell (cherry cola) was class, it cleaned better and left a better finish than any other shampoos I've used. Will definitely be a repeat customer and hopefully get up to the actual store once this whole situation blows over.

May as well ask this - Does anyone know of any products they do that might help remove stains / water marks from vinyl wrap? I have a really bad case of what I think are water marks but nothing is shifting it.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
First time I had the balls to use some Lazer on a slightly gunky engine cover and it definitely helped shift oily embedded crap compared to the blast of the power hose beforehand. Will get a better go at it at a later point and report back.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
First time I had the balls to use some Lazer on a slightly gunky engine cover and it definitely helped shift oily embedded crap compared to the blast of the power hose beforehand. Will get a better go at it at a later point and report back.
Spray lazer on then put 2 capfuls in hot water and agitate it with a brush.