a-kem automotive

Ghost

RMS Regular
So tried citrclean and cleanse today but concerned at the directions.

Citra says it can only be used on the bottom panels.....why so? Can I not use on roof or glass?

Cleanse says its not suitable for polished alloys, that's a pity but will it actually damage them?

Can the two products also be reversed, incase I use one on the other part by accident?

Other than that, good job.
@Big Pimp any thoughts on this?

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Yeah, lol!
I know he’s washing cars but is he drinking it too 😂

not that I’m going to be buying one anytime soon as the 25ltr drums last me plenty long enough. Does articulate go “off” in any such way if you didn’t empty a tank that size in decent rate?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
I know he’s washing cars but is he drinking it too 😂

not that I’m going to be buying one anytime soon as the 25ltr drums last me plenty long enough. Does articulate go “off” in any such way if you didn’t empty a tank that size in decent rate?
1000lt is emptied usually in 8-10 weeks mate!

colour can sometimes go off a bit but I’ve got a lot of issues sorted.
I also sent the 5lt of Tarminator off with your order today too mate

So tried citrclean and cleanse today but concerned at the directions.

Citra says it can only be used on the bottom panels.....why so? Can I not use on roof or glass?

Cleanse says its not suitable for polished alloys, that's a pity but will it actually damage them?

Can the two products also be reversed, incase I use one on the other part by accident?

Other than that, good job.
That’s again a bit of proof reading I haven’t corrected.
In relation to Cleanse, I think i need to revise the label slightly as it should state care should be taken on polished alloys. Like properly polished and not just diamond cut etc.
It’s a highly alkaline based cleaner. It shouldn’t damage them but I urge you to try a spot first to make sure it doesn’t.

I’ve used it on my diamond cut wheels long before I brought it to launch, and have been on a weekly basis for the last several months with no I’ll effects.

neither product will do any harm, and the CitraClean especially is a great cleaner and a ‘safer’ alternative to traditional TFRs like Articulate even.

Ghost

RMS Regular

That’s again a bit of proof reading I haven’t corrected.
In relation to Cleanse, I think i need to revise the label slightly as it should state care should be taken on polished alloys. Like properly polished and not just diamond cut etc.
It’s a highly alkaline based cleaner. It shouldn’t damage them but I urge you to try a spot first to make sure it doesn’t.

I’ve used it on my diamond cut wheels long before I brought it to launch, and have been on a weekly basis for the last several months with no I’ll effects.

neither product will do any harm, and the CitraClean especially is a great cleaner and a ‘safer’ alternative to traditional TFRs like Articulate even.
Ok awesome. So fire them anywhere. Can cleanse go on paint?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It can but you're better off using Articulate or Citraclean for that.

And again be careful with unpainted plastics, etc., if using Cleanse. It's an aggressive caustic cleaner.

Cleanse will remove winter grime like nothing else. It will more than likely strip off waxes too.

A bit like killing mosquitos with a bazooka, lol :innocent:

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO

Frig 😂 get scrubbing @Deckz

aww brilliant mate, thank you. Quality service.

just fingers crossed they can find their way to depths of Fermanagh now 😂

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Ok awesome. So fire them anywhere. Can cleanse go on paint?
yes, it can go on paint but repeated use will strip existing waxes or polishes etc.

This is why we have bottles which are clearly labelled, or colour coded at least to minimise the risk of getting them mixed up.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Crossed wires dude lol

I don't get the cubes in, Ross does LOL
Ah 😂

can my posts be deleted lol

Quick service @Big Pimp

B6B016C6-B2E0-44FF-9356-9BB07F1596D7.jpeg

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 M Sport
This might not be that important but when using the shampoo type bottles I’ve been finding the last few times the label coming off the bottle. Usually after it’s half empty and the bottle is being squeezed more. Wouldn’t bother me too much until I need to read the instructions. Just something I thought worth mentioning.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
This might not be that important but when using the shampoo type bottles I’ve been finding the last few times the label coming off the bottle. Usually after it’s half empty and the bottle is being squeezed more. Wouldn’t bother me too much until I need to read the instructions. Just something I thought worth mentioning.
I appreciate that. Is it only with the gleam shampoo bottles?

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Delivery day! Ross need more subtle packaging mate or a fake invoice inside would be excellent.

IMG_20210324_160022.jpg

chrisd

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiguan
Doubt it's chemical etching as I've only ever used anachem on this car.
Think its some kind of reaction when I washed the car to get the road salt off causing oxidation?its possible that it's chrome coated plastic as its only the trim on the window bottoms affected. Would autoglym SRP be ok to try then?

Order arrived safe today @Big Pimp although I near went mad when I heard the thud of the delivery guy just throwing it outside the door lol

Don't know if you seen the attached pic before so attached it again. All advise appreciated

Attachments

• 20210320_145212.jpg
    20210320_145212.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 20210320_145208.jpg
    20210320_145208.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 61

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Got my delivery today too. Quite looking forward to trying these wheel Woolies I splashed out on. So nice and soft they might come in handy next time we have a loo roll shortage ☺️

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Don't know if you seen the attached pic before so attached it again. All advise appreciated
The spots on the rubber trim? That just looks like dried in dirt or old rubber. Try wiping it with standard Trim or equivalent.

Edit: sorry, you meant the faded "chrome" trim, didn't you.

A light polish might bring that back. Just might not be much left to polish. If it's faded and worn thin then there is only so much you can do.

chrisd

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiguan
The spots on the rubber trim? That just looks like dried in dirt or old rubber. Try wiping it with standard Trim or equivalent.

Edit: sorry, you meant the faded "chrome" trim, didn't you.

A light polish might bring that back. Just might not be much left to polish. If it's faded and worn thin then there is only so much you can do.

Yeah I meant the chrome style trim. I hoping a polish might bring it back abit. It shouldn't be worn thin I wouldn't think cars not even 3 year old

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Actually looking at it again it might just be water spots/calcium deposits.

A, light polish should have that off. Or a light rub with 0000 steel wool. You could try Purge too, or even rubbing a lemon or some rhubarb over it.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I haven’t got to try out my cleanse in anger yet. The day it arrived I’d washed the car the day before I’m looking forward to trying it out need to get myself a new power washer.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I have a K4 you or anyone else can have for free if you want? It works, but something needs replacing as it's rattling away. If you're handy and can be bothered it can probably be fixed.

Otherwise it's for the next run to the recycling centre :innocent: