a-kem automotive

chrisd

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiguan
as above, fire up a pic.

the milky spots can be a sign of chemical etching or sometimes oxidation.

can usually be removed with something aggressive like t cut or metal polish - but only as long as its metal!

i've seen people try to polish chrome covered plastic and it just doesnt work the same. in these instances an aggressive hand polish is usually enough
Those are phenomenal results @alan_c and @Deezer-D!

Doubt it's chemical etching as I've only ever used anachem on this car.
Think its some kind of reaction when I washed the car to get the road salt off causing oxidation?its possible that it's chrome coated plastic as its only the trim on the window bottoms affected. Would autoglym SRP be ok to try then?

Attachments

• 20210320_145212.jpg
    20210320_145212.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 37

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
Only time for a quick once over today but for first use of anachem @Big Pimp cant fault it! 👍🏼
Car and wheels were absolutely stinking; quick articulate and cleanse (not much effort but not as easy as some made out 😂 clearly my front wheels are a lot worse than most people’s) then a once over with gleam+ and a quick dry. Photos were useless as the after pics just reflect the dirt on the ground 🤷‍♂️😆 good shine off just gleam+
Will test the rest next time

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Saw someone posting on your insta stories Ross that had labels on their trigger spray bottles - any idea what they used?
seen that myself, and thought it was genius. Much neater than my writing on it with a sharpie

I'm fairly sure it was just a demo label, but i'll double check with them
What’s a foam cannon and why do I need one
I'm sold out of them for about another 5 weeks!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I guess the advantage of the sharpie/permanent marker is it stays on and is easy to fill in when needed. Labels tend to fall off and wear. Horses for courses and all that.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
That will need a mild polish. Same on my wife’s merc. But gone with some polish and effort.
Wee rub with a little bit of meguiars polish done the trick. Marks all gone.
It's weird though, only on the black trim around the side windows have it. The same trim down both sides of the windscreen were free of such marks.

Thanks

Reactions: PDK

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
I used Cleanse on the boot liner and pedals today. They had weeks of dirt caked onto them and with a little brush work they came up like new. Definitely my new favourite product.

Ghost

RMS Regular
So tried citrclean and cleanse today but concerned at the directions.

Citra says it can only be used on the bottom panels.....why so? Can I not use on roof or glass?

Cleanse says its not suitable for polished alloys, that's a pity but will it actually damage them?

Can the two products also be reversed, incase I use one on the other part by accident?

Other than that, good job.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Citraclean should be safe for anything, just a brilliant alround cleaner. Haven't seen that note, I'll let Ross comment on that, but must be a misprint.

Try it inside wheel arches, etc., in round the engine bay, or any part of the body work.

Articulate would probably be more cost effective for regular use on the whole car, but either is fine.

Cleanse is quite caustic, at least it feels like it is if you get it directly on the skin. It's more aggressive than either Articulate or Citraclean. I use it on wheels and anything rubber - tyres, mats, etc.

Best kept off unlaquered surfaces, whether metal or plastic. It should be safe on anything laquered. Not like it would melt anything unlaquered, just that unlaquered surfaces might deteriorate over time. Cleanse is quite aggressive, which is why it's so effective.

You can put one on top of the other. There is no benefit in doing so, but no harm should you get a bit of overspill.

For example, I would spray the bodywork with articulate; spray citraclean in the wheelarches and under sills, etc.; and spray Cleanse on the wheels. All in one go. And then foam on top. Before powerhosing the whole lot off after letting it sit a bit.

It's important with all cleaners, not just Anachem, not to let them dry.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
The IK spray bottles are superb quality.
Using the blue one for applying articulate and it’s perfect. The black ones I have labelled up and using for Ultra Gloss, Purge and Cleanse. :cool:

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Just when your neighbours couldn’t think you are any weirder.....

nice mix of laser/articulate soak for 5 minutes

bit of snowfoam over the top

1334C8B5-A989-46DC-9D6F-8086C0C88E0F.jpeg

soak for 5 minutes and power wash off

brought up the pvc lovely and bonus that it was touchless to minimise swirls 😅

7E7CE709-731F-4D2F-BDBC-0F094EE37A3B.jpeg