a-kem automotive

Tam9n

RMS Regular
Drives
Polo 9n3 GTi
Just read your most recent post on insta, which mentioned the fabled HydroCoat - this on the cards to sell sometime soon? Thanks!

RevT

RMS Regular
Ross, are there no larger jars of purge in stock? I’m in need of some but the 750ml would be pointless, I’d need a bigger jar.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Just an update on the Twisted Loop drying towel now that i have used it on a full car; wow, what a fantastic dryer! Previously i had been using the large yellow waffle towel, which i thought did a good job, but now im using this twisted loop one you can see and feel how much more effort was required previously.

With the waffle it would take a couple of passes on a panel before it got damp and really started to absorb water on the car, even on a car the size of a Micra i would have been wringing it out 3 or 4 times to keep it absorbent and not just dragging water about, whereas with this twisted loop, i just put it straight on the panel and it was absorbing straight away, no 'priming' it to get it damp to absorb. It does feel like it is gliding over the car a bit softer/easier and i didnt even have to wring it out once by the time i finished the Micra.

Whilst the towel was quite damp at this stage i am fairly confident that if i washed my own car at the same time i could have easily dried it again on top without having to worry about it being sopping wet and not doing a great job at drying. Will test this again in the future when i can be arsed cleaning both cars at the same time :joy:

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
I'm the opposite. Had mine years! Hasn't fallen apart. My only complaint is even the wee one is too big to fit between my caliper and wheel.:worried:

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp are you brining Wheel Woolies back into stock? My big one has lost more hair than i have lately and could do with a new one.
I will be bringing them back in with their new branding etc.

No idea when they are due to arrive as yet though - must chase up on it

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I can only assume its the backing plates from brake discs that's ruining in,

20230619_134031.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That would probably be it, yes. Or catching on the discs themselves, or whatever. Mine have been fine too, but nothing truly lasts forever.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Any stockists in Newtownabbey / Belfast?

Paints & Components, Ballymoney or Pro Car Carryduff seems your best bet.

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Thought I'd make a quick post on the Soft Wash. During the dry sunny weather took the time to apply it in the evening and leave it overnight to dry before the Dog is out. All good that way, was dry in a few hours anyway. We got lucky with the dry weather and let it work away for a few days.

Still haven't hosed it down yet but the results are clear to see. This was only one quick spray, I think I'll do another this week then a good hose clean . Definitely does what it's designed to do 😁👍 Thanks Ross @Big Pimp

PhotoGrid_1687694156088.jpg

Last edited:

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Thought I'd make a quick post on the Soft Wash. During the dry sunny weather took the time to apply it in the evening and leave it overnight to dry before the Dog is out. All good that way, was dry in a few hours anyway. We got lucky with the dry weather and let it work away for a few days.

Still haven't hosed it down yet but the results are clear to see. This was only one quick spray, I think I'll do another this week then a good hose clean . Definitely does what it's designed to do 😁👍 Thanks Ross @Big Pimp

View attachment 401933

Works as it should do.

Amazing difference there!