a-kem automotive

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Just got my delivery there at the end of the week and gave the cars a well deserved clean, star of the show for me was the wash mitt @Big Pimp is selling, it's brilliant! I've been buying Meguiars Super Thick wash mitt since my first car but this just ****es all over it and is very comfortable to use as it has a wee strap inside it to grip onto. Excellent product!

Also after watching @big_pete 's video on how to wash a car properly, I did the 2nd snowfoam cover for extra lubrication with the wash mitt and well...
Dgta1VSXUAAI13F.jpg

RevT

RMS Regular
I think I’ve been asking for 2-3 months now possibly but any idea on when the 5L of Ultraslick will be back in? 😂 @Big Pimp

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
@Big Pimp was going to take a run down to you to get a few things,

Any stock in yet for the IK Pro 12 sprayers?
Any IK Multi pro 2 sprayers?
(These be any use for Ultragloss?)
Citraclean showing out of stock?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Any of the IK sprayers (or any garden sprayer) would be fine for Ultragloss, Citraclean, etc.

Or anything else pretty much bar Cleanse or Lazer. For those use the blue IK sprayers (for alkaline). The normal sprayers work fine for those too, but they will eventually eat up and clog the nozzle over time. I have had them eat through seams on some cheap garden sprayers too, especially neat Cleanse. The blue IK sprayer is designed for strong alkalines and can take it.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp was going to take a run down to you to get a few things,

Any stock in yet for the IK Pro 12 sprayers?
Any IK Multi pro 2 sprayers?
(These be any use for Ultragloss?)
Citraclean showing out of stock?
I have a half pallet of IK sprayers due in next week. I’ve had them on order since beginning of the year however they say
We will process asap – stock levels here have been depleted due to a massive start to the year – we are expecting stock and will get this shipped asap.

Same with CitraClean, hybrid etc. all due in early part of next week

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
@Big Pimp any product you recommend?
I'm having difficulty removing the last bits of fallout from wheels that had trackpads used on them.
Wheels still feel gritty and fallout remover and cleanse isn't removing the last bits.

I fear a refurb may be the answer 🙈

20240124_215313.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
If purge doesn't do it then there is a strong acid product that will. Can't find it on the site now. If you do get it, then don't spray it. Brush it on. You don't want to breathe it in, and you don't want it anywhere else.

You can try purge, and use a brush or a sponge to rub it in. Just be careful not to damage the finish... Can help with stubborn bits.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
If purge doesn't do it then there is a strong acid product that will. Can't find it on the site now. If you do get it, then don't spray it. Brush it on. You don't want to breathe it in, and you don't want it anywhere else.

You can try purge, and use a brush or a sponge to rub it in. Just be careful not to damage the finish... Can help with stubborn bits.

Have you tried wheel acid? Pretty aggressive, don't let it dry and if it doesn't take it off then refurb I'd imagine
What both these guys have said @Ben P - it’ll likely need an acid clean. I have a product to do it and it should do it easily.

Remind me on your next order and I’ll add some in for you

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Have you tried claying? Pain in the ass and time consuming but if you got an abrasive clay, could make a dent

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Something like clay won't make any difference in this case. It needs the right chemicals to soften it up first. You could try a mild abrasive like clay/brush/sponge as mentioned before after applying Purge, or even with the stronger acid. Leave the chemicals to work for a while, topping up so it doesn't dry out. Then try something like a brush/sponge/clay/whatever. Use gloves obviously. And just be careful not to damage the paint. And finally rinse it all off.

Might take a couple of attempts if it's really bad.