After Drag 6th

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

SideWaysWayne

RMS Regular
Drives
LEGNUM VR4
@GT_MAXER
Now, you see, this is what I'm up against!

Certain decisions are made to maintain the 'spirit' of the event. All anyone wants is good close racing, so in this case it made more sense to put him in the Fwd (unlimited) category. He's not complaining, as you could imagine with times like those.

I imagine actually that he might relish the challenge of being classified as a Special and be up against AF1 and the likes. For now though, he's in the Fwd class.

This would all have been very different if the turbo Corsa had gotten better grip off the line. I'm quite sure that car has it in it to beat the Mini. Maybe next time.

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
well if i built the fastest 1.4 i wud like 2compete and beat all in 1.4 and win sumthin.but fair point on close racing,its all in the times..i just hope when i build my 1.4 turbo 5 up again i wont be discriminated against as its toooo fast for yous all lol..

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
GT_MAXER said:
well if i built the fastest 1.4 i wud like 2compete and beat all in 1.4 and win sumthin.but fair point on close racing,its all in the times..i just hope when i build my 1.4 turbo 5 up again i wont be discriminated against as its toooo fast for yous all lol..

If it is true road car i wont say a word if it even beats me mate,i just think anything that isnt a true road car on road tyres (perspex windows, ahem)etc etc etc should be a special to give the guys that build there cars and use them everday to go to the shops etc the chance to win a we trophy with there pride and joy:cool:

Thats it i shut up on the subject now and leave it with the Boss:cool:

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
GT_MAXER said:
no im just wandering did he win a trophy r anything on the day for being in another category when he wud have if in 1.4cat.

Correct me if im wrong(i may be) but is the 1.4 class not the lighweights where all you can have is an exhaust and filter.This would if im correct put him up to the 1600 class where he was.

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
GT_MAXER said:
o rite..cool i duno wasnt there just wandering.what class wud 1.4 turbo b then?

I would guess if it only has exhaust and filter then the lightweights and if not the 1600 fwd class.im sure wayne could claify this as the turbo may change it

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
AFAIK the 1600 class is N.A. so you'd be in the 2.0l class as you say Gareth.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
gt_Maxer the light weights and <1600cc classes are for n/a cars. All turbos go in the Fwd class :grinning:

SideWaysWayne

RMS Regular
Drives
LEGNUM VR4
GT_MAXER said:
do me 2.0 non turbo tho?
Actually dude, in most motor sport disciplines where forced induction cars compete against naturally aspirated cars, the capacity of the forced induction engine is x 1.4 to 1.7 .
EG: Your 1400cc x 1.4 = 1960cc
or 1400cc x 1.7 = 2380cc

As AF1 and scrob said, the classes you refer to are:
Light Weights (standard <1200cc 16v or 1400cc 8v)
1600 n.a (all mods allowed, excl. capacity increase)
and Fwd (all mods allowed)

So you see, the CORRECT class for your car would be the Fwd Class.:cool:

S_Gault

RMS Regular
SideWaysWayne said:
All I know is 1600 Vtec with a genuine 190 Bhp. S_Gault could tell you exactly.

yes- I mapped Jasons car at 191 from a 1600.

but i think guys its only really meant to be a little bit of fun and no body is meant to take it too serious- both Keith and jason are only there for a bit of craic..

Sure i'll bring a Caterham 7 with a 260bhp vaux.... its a road car. used to go to shops in on a dry day

al mac

I was speaking to Jazz tonite on the phone (as he is currently in Scotland) and I can tell you now that he is not best pleased about the situation, why should he be slapped for having a high performance N/A 1600cc car, it may be stripped out with a engine conversion so what

In that case the corsa should be boosted a class also as it also has not got a standard engine fitted from the manufactures, the red corsa was stripped out should he also be bumped up a class, ????? would this be termed 'Special' as modified from manufacture standards, where do you draw the line filters and exhausts only (or performance chips non manufacture)

It is an N/A 1600cc Vtec with Throttle Bodies in a mini .. so what in England you would be commended for your efforts over here you get put down for winning he is just there for the craic and if he wins its a bonus, He just enjoys a good blast in the car

@airforce 1 - So you tell me that you drive your car every day to work and the shops, so does Jazz he collects parts from the motor factors everyday in the mini and maybe has a wee crusie about at nite as it is TAXED and MOT'd no Q plates here so were did the not a road car come into it, just because it doesn't have a radio, carpet etc, I would prefer to listen to the throttle bodies anyway,

@Wayne - If you start pushing the rule everyone should be marked the same, ie the corsa turbo not N/a may I add, how was the M5 engined BMW classified, the D1 drift BMW, The stripped out corsa (or did he have a radio important that), Turbo corsa etc etc etc

Sure Look at poor Keith Rob slapped for doing a bit of work to his nova (well done by the way Keith)

Slapped for TRUE engineering at its best, one positive thing can be taken away from this is that it has made us all the more determined to get that extra sec out of the 1600cc N/a watch out AIRFORCE 1 (only joking mate cracking time by the way)

Please note a copy of the MOT and TAX will be left at race control on the 20th for all to view should there be any questions

Rant over:laughing::laughing::laughing::-#:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Wanted: Performance head and cams for Honda Vtec some NOS if possible all PM's welcome(y)(y)

Jmax

RMS Regular
S_Gault said:
Sure i'll bring a Caterham 7 with a 260bhp vaux.... its a road car. used to go to shops in on a dry day

do u not mean westfield??

caterhams were never made with vaux engines ;)

Drag Classes

Having known Jason from we moved to Aghadowey he has NEVER complained a Mini with a Honda engine is NEVER STANDARD the "theme" of our classes is well published, at the end of the day it is not a PRO event (no disrespest to the winners). As more people enter the more classes we can split but it is up to everyone .

SideWaysWayne said:
Remember everyone complaining about roll cages? This is my brother Peter after rolling the car 3 times in the Sports Hatch Final. You may notice by the roof line, the driver compartment is un-compromised, driver is un-hurt. I rest my case.
(y)
DSCF1496_JPG.jpg
Is he the red or Brown (sorry Peter)

S_Gault

RMS Regular
jmax- they raced them in the caterham series with vaux power for years. they also came with a pushrod, and in recent years a K series.

westifeld was originally xflow and then pinto powered but followed caterham in pre litigation setup with a 16v vaux,

anyhow- it was just a joke i was making...

wayne- i take it this photo is why peter never brought me the car?

al mac

sideways_racing said:
Having known Jason from we moved to Aghadowey he has NEVER complained a Mini with a Honda engine is NEVER STANDARD the "theme" of our classes is well published, at the end of the day it is not a PRO event (no disrespest to the winners). As more people enter the more classes we can split but it is up to everyone .

By no means is Jazz complaining, he is just annoyed at the fact that people are complaining, what does he have to do to make people happy

He really enjoys the racing and the drag and works very hard preparing for the event as I am sure everyone else does.

By no means is a Vtec powered mini standard, non is a 2L turbo corsa or 500 bhp Evo so how do you divide it up

At the end of the day Jazz was more interested in the times and was really pleased to knock a sec and a bit off his time from Enniskillen after spending a lot of money and time on the transmission ie 3 honda gearboxes later and winning was a bonus and what our point is if the rules changed then everyone should be treated the same, only fair and he is very proud of the fact that the mini is road legal

As Steven said it all a bit of craic at the SWRC days with something for everyone, if things get to serious it will start spoiling things, if its not broke dont fix it:-#:-#

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.