Air con re-gas

Boksic

RMS Regular
Do the likes of Kwik fit tell you if something is ****ed in your AC system? I'm not sure if hers needs gassed after being emptied for working on at some point, or if a part of it isn't right. Even then at £60 it'd be worth it for the diagnosis if nothing else

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Do the likes of Kwik fit tell you if something is ****ed in your AC system? I'm not sure if hers needs gassed after being emptied for working on at some point, or if a part of it isn't right. Even then at £60 it'd be worth it for the diagnosis if nothing else
I was reading in their website if it doesn’t work they don’t charge. They do a vacuum test but I don’t think that really does much to help find leaks.

My ac is saying low refrigerant pressure and I was going to get them to do it but if it leaking slowly I don’t want to pay the £60. Also I think we’ve had our 3 warm days already 🤣

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
From experience they pop a cap off the line, press the valve to see if any gas escapes and if it doesn’t turn you away straight away. That’s it.

Glenn at Greenway would be a better shout for diagnostics and repair IMO. He fitted a new condenser, dryer and compressor to my Cayenne plus regassed it and a new belt for handy enough money.

Bronk

RMS Regular
20230603_103520.jpg

The big saab in today getting refilled thanks to @supermoto_77

A6Avant

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Avant
I used TSC Cookstown for this last year on my old A6. Was charged £70. Priced my new A6 a few weeks ago and its £170. As others have said, i think i’ll just put the windows down

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
Drives
C220
Left my son's A3 down to Brownlow Radiators in Lurgan yesterday. They've a dedicated garage now for car work. Had the car 3hrs for £45+ vat to do nitrogen leak testing.

Unfortunately they found the leak and I left with a new condenser that now has to be fitted. That's before the expensive regas. Audi is using the dear stuff....

My point though.... Highly impressed with their diagnosis skills. There was a small leak at the bottom of the condenser. They had to use gas detection equipment but persevered until they found the leak.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
I’d be interested too, 18 year old bora blowing pure flames at me

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I Could do with getting the daily i30 done too hopefully not a wrecked compressor 😬

supermoto_77

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335d
Happy to do multiple at one location,
and come to some sort of pricing per car,
Circa £40 per car if its r134a gas
But if its r1234yf then it will be in the region of £1000
Alternatively, Bring the car to me, im in maghaberry and will do the £40 per car also for anyone on here